• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Has Your Diagnosis Changed Your View of God?

I

IsaD

I've lost a lot of interest in God and religion since my diagnosis. I'm still convinced that God is real, but I don't go to church anymore and I don't particularly care for God or religion anymore. Has your diagnosis changed how you view God?

Kats

Kats

I've lost a lot of interest in God and religion since my diagnosis. I'm still convinced that God is real, but I don't go to church anymore and I don't particularly care for God or religion anymore. Has your diagnosis changed how you view God?
I believe in Gods existence and omnipotence. But not really about his being just and merciful. I have doubts there.

I

IsaD

I believe in Gods existence and omnipotence. But not really about his being just and merciful. I have doubts there.
Yeah, I don't really believe God is merciful either. I have seen too much to believe that..

Kats

Kats

Yeah, I don't really believe God is merciful either. I have seen too much to believe that..
It's like hearing voices maybe that's his will. It only torments the person. Then it drills on until the person will do stupid things becus the voices say so. Then the person will look insane and can't be able to explain why he or she did it. It's not just once but many times. Until our reputation is completely done.

There's nothing so just and merciful about it. I've seen people succeed that are atheist. While I've seen people fail badly and they pray a lot.

I

IsaD

It's like hearing voices maybe that's his will. It only torments the person. Then it drills on until the person will do stupid things becus the voices say so. Then the person will look insane and can't be able to explain why he or she did it. It's not just once but many times. Until our reputation is completely done.

There's nothing so just and merciful about it. I've seen people succeed that are atheist. While I've seen people fail badly and they pray a lot.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Prophets who talk to god sound like us in my opinion. And no one is building churches in my name 🐍

I

IsaD

Prophets who talk to god sound like us in my opinion. And no one is building churches in my name 🐍
I've wondered about prophets too. I would have to see multiple prophecies come true before I'd take a prophet seriously.

C

CoffeecupnoMug

It has...not my view my stance. Instead of being it I always wanted to make it my own.

T

TyFence

I was all lost and confused and hearing voices and with delusions. I fought it for awhile and was losing hope. So I became a Christian. Many times I have found out how much he loves me. His forgiveness keeps me doing well. Still I treat Him like dirt but he forgives me when I repent. A great and loving God but it is way more than that.

M

MIraBk

Yes, it has changed a lot. I was actually thinking about that and saw this post. I heard voices 2 nights in a row and i thought i literally had a demon inside. It was awful. The next day i went to church, didn't help that much but nevertheless, i truly believe there's a force out there. Before the psychosis i was an atheist and now i'm agnostic. Sometimes i pray when i get paranoia or things like that.. Whatever rocks your boat.

C

CoffeecupnoMug

Yes, it has changed a lot. I was actually thinking about that and saw this post. I heard voices 2 nights in a row and i thought i literally had a demon inside. It was awful. The next day i went to church, didn't help that much but nevertheless, i truly believe there's a force out there. Before the psychosis i was an atheist and now i'm agnostic. Sometimes i pray when i get paranoia or things like that.. Whatever rocks your boat.
force force no nature...Like the wind but it's not there to blow.

N

Nate

I still have my faith in God and believe Jesus Christ is real. I struggle with indifference and apathy, I think that the meds are responsible for that.