• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

has your anxiety ever make it hard to get the mail ?

lazemz

lazemz

like you feel like everyone will look at you get the mail or you rather not be seen outside .some days i feel that and then some days i have no trouble at all

jajingna

jajingna

Interesting looking question, very specific. Had a bit of that this morning after a poor sleep last night, went out for a smoke, felt a bit paranoid, there were a few neighbors around. Used to get paranoid when badly hungover back in the day.

I

Ian Haines

That's social anxiety, mixed with a self-esteem problem, and usually...both are completely unnecessary. I am pretty certain, in fact, that's how my agoraphobia began, and I've just completed 24 years indoors because of that. I suggest you get stuck into fighting this one...get all the help you need. I'd hate to see you end up as I did.

1. How do you feel about walking into a crowded room, or shop, etc.?
2. How do you feel about getting onto an almost completely full bus?
3. How WOULD you feel if you had to recite something, sing something, or play an instrument in front of a room/hall full of people?

lazemz

lazemz

Interesting looking question, very specific. Had a bit of that this morning after a poor sleep last night, went out for a smoke, felt a bit paranoid, there were a few neighbors around. Used to get paranoid when badly hungover back in the day.
interesting , being hungover for me was an instant anxiety relief ,i think thats why i drank so much for that feeling , yeah the drinking felt good but the after feeling what i used to want . idk was weird how good it felt not to have any anxiety at all.

lazemz

lazemz

That's social anxiety, mixed with a self-esteem problem, and usually...both are completely unnecessary. I am pretty certain, in fact, that's how my agoraphobia began, and I've just completed 24 years indoors because of that. I suggest you get stuck into fighting this one...get all the help you need. I'd hate to see you end up as I did.

1. How do you feel about walking into a crowded room, or shop, etc.?
2. How do you feel about getting onto an almost completely full bus?
3. How WOULD you feel if you had to recite something, sing something, or play an instrument in front of a room/hall full of people?
actually i get brave in those situations . like i tend to do better in front of people but its so draining after its over . like deep down inside i enjoy being in front of people or getting attention , the build up to those things is what i hate but once i do them i feel wonderful

I

Ian Haines

I had this happening when I stood at my front door, enjoying a cigarette. On days when people were walking past, walking their dogs or just going to a shop, I always felt less relaxed and I'd often walk back into my hallway and close the door. As much as I like people, I think I'm just a lot happier on my own, at times. Yet, I also often suffer aloneness....it's really weird to be two people types in one body.

T

timing

For a couple of years I felt that way about getting the mail or just going in the front yard. My husband would go with me and sometimes sit with me. I couldn'nt go alone. A therapist once sat my husband down and told him to let me go alone. He continued to go with me anyway. Now, he is gone and when I open the door, I take a deep breath, and move on.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I live in a highrise apartment building. The mail boxes are on the ground floor. Every time I have to go down there I get anxious. Welcome to the forum, I love gumby.😊