• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

has anyone with schizophrenia/schizoafecttive not been sectioned?

M

mickeymoo

Just wondering if everyone with schizophrenia/schizzoaffective had been diagnosed and not sectioned?

S

skyblue

Mickey - Are you trying to self diagnose yourself ?

Not everyone with Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder have been sectioned, the same goes for other mental health illnesses.

:flowers:

M

mickeymoo

not at all!! I dont have this, at least i dont think so. the thread about how long people were getting hospitalised for just got me thinking about it and I wondered if anyone had managed to not get hospitalised

S

skyblue

That's good then Mickeymoo :).

How are you and how's your sleep ? Has your doctor helped you with any new medication ?

Last edited:
A

Affective

I have it but have never been sectioned. Came close though.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Im diagnosed Schizophrenia and Ive never been sectioned.

M

mickeymoo

Thank you for asking skyblue!

The anti-psychotics were to try and bring me back to reality and I think they were working-I had insomnia at 3am instead of house cleaning! But then my daughter had something really worry happen and I spent 2 nights up watching her to make sure she was ok and now I have a lot more energy again! Its not even half 10 yet but ive been out doing stuff managed to clean the house top to bottom and repainted a load of wood and have a desperate urge for a drink! Do you think I should go back to the drs>

A

Affective

Thank you for asking skyblue!

The anti-psychotics were to try and bring me back to reality and I think they were working-I had insomnia at 3am instead of house cleaning! But then my daughter had something really worry happen and I spent 2 nights up watching her to make sure she was ok and now I have a lot more energy again! Its not even half 10 yet but ive been out doing stuff managed to clean the house top to bottom and repainted a load of wood and have a desperate urge for a drink! Do you think I should go back to the drs>
You sound a bit Manic/Hypomanic. I think it would be a good idea to go and see your Doctor and if you can't get a hold of them just call the Crisis team.

M

mickeymoo

the dr i like to see is off until tomorrow and i would rather see her as she knows me but so i shall give a ring in the morning. I dont have a crises team number yet as i am still waiting to see a pschiatrist. Hopefully i can find out what is happenming with that aswell

A

Affective

the dr i like to see is off until tomorrow and i would rather see her as she knows me but so i shall give a ring in the morning. I dont have a crises team number yet as i am still waiting to see a pschiatrist. Hopefully i can find out what is happenming with that aswell
You can find it online I think or just phone the NHS and they will give it to you.

S

skyblue

Hi Mickeymoo,

It sounds like the insomnia is triggering your illness, which often happens.

I think it's a good idea to see your doctor tomorrow and tell her just how you've been feeling, you can't go on like this.

If you can't hold out, call nhs direct and they'll be able to help you further.

I hope something gets sorted for you soon.

Look after yourself Mickey.

M

mickeymoo

Sorry for hijacking post!

I am unable to phone nhs direct because i have no home phone and only £1 onn my mobile! knew i shouldnt have run up such big phone bills!!!

I am hoping my dr will be able to get me an appt with shrink sooner. I was supposed to have a appt come through within two weeks and its been 3 now :(

I think you are right skyblue, the less i sleep, the less i need to and the more energy i have.

sleeping tablets had no affect.

I am hoping my dr might be able to up my meds while i am waiting for appt. i am on 1.5mg haloperidol but it really isnt doing anything and when i saw some colour changing stars last night i thought theyre not working anyway, but maybe they are because i know it was my mind playing tricks!

S

skyblue

Sorry for hijacking post!

I am unable to phone nhs direct because i have no home phone and only £1 onn my mobile! knew i shouldnt have run up such big phone bills!!!

I am hoping my dr will be able to get me an appt with shrink sooner. I was supposed to have a appt come through within two weeks and its been 3 now :(

I think you are right skyblue, the less i sleep, the less i need to and the more energy i have.

sleeping tablets had no affect.

I am hoping my dr might be able to up my meds while i am waiting for appt. i am on 1.5mg haloperidol but it really isnt doing anything and when i saw some colour changing stars last night i thought theyre not working anyway, but maybe they are because i know it was my mind playing tricks!
Hiya Mickey,

If you feel you're struggling with this and things are getting worse for you, you must get onto your doctor, make sure you book an emergency appointment so that you're definately able to see her tomorrow at some point to discuss your medication.
If you have no cash to call the doctors, then take a trip there.

When I'm hypomanic the less sleep I have, the more energy I seem to gain, it's very weird.

I hope you're able to find some peace soon.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you get on.

(It maybe better for us to talk about this on the Bipolar forum,.. sorry I was the one who started the hijack off ! lol)

:hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Just wondering if everyone with schizophrenia/schizzoaffective had been diagnosed and not sectioned?
h

I was originally dx with bipolar six years ago, but last september after a a serious bout of psychosis it was changed to schizoaffecive disorder and they wanted me admitted. I cant remember what happened but 3 hours later my daughter was there and said she would look after me

I was allowed home but had to attend the acute day services every day from 9am to 8pm. that was for 3 months. I was given transport daily. I was warned that if i didnt comply i could be sectioned. I hated it for the first few weeks, but gradually got used to others there.

If i became ill again i would definatly opt for day treatment and be able to sleep in my own bed. Much better than hospital