• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Has anyone tried Solian or Amisulpride?

lavenderfire

lavenderfire

Hi all - if you have tried or are taking Solian or Amilsulpride, please share your experiences. Side effects, opinions, how long, effects, what you know about it ... I would appreciate anything at all.

I just got prescribed it and I am uncertain how I feel about it. Haven't taken any yet. So thank you if you do share any information at all!

lavenderfire

lavenderfire

Please take a little time to share what you know

L

Lab rat

They are one and the same, just like zyprexa is olanzapine. I have been on solian for a while. They gave it to me, not only for my psychotic symptoms, but for a persistent depressed mood. For depression, it’s a miracle medication, for psychosis, not so much! But... my other meds make me nauseous and weirdly it cleared those side effects up completely!

try it and see what it does for you. My dosage and reaction to it would be totally different to yours. I had no bad effects from it and I was on it for ~6 months.

lavenderfire

lavenderfire

They are one and the same, just like zyprexa is olanzapine. I have been on solian for a while. They gave it to me, not only for my psychotic symptoms, but for a persistent depressed mood. For depression, it’s a miracle medication, for psychosis, not so much! But... my other meds make me nauseous and weirdly it cleared those side effects up completely!

try it and see what it does for you. My dosage and reaction to it would be totally different to yours. I had no bad effects from it and I was on it for ~6 months.
Thank you. I am hesitant to take it. Im supposed to start tomorrow morning. I do not want side effects or it to ruin my brain or body.

L

Lab rat

I understand your concern, I had the same concerns. My memory is not what it should be, but my intelligence is as sharp as it ever was.

my 2 cents worth? Take the medication for a month as the dr prescribed them, if at the end of the month you have no improvement or if your intelligence degrades (I have been on nearly all of the meds, hence the name lab rat, and none have had that effect) simply stop. At least you have tried and the dr can prescribe something else.

if it helps, I find I can learn things better since I take the meds. It all depends on what you want from your life? I don’t think the meds hobble you, but try going to uni or holding a job when floridly psychotic! The illness will destroy your life if you let it. With age and experience, you learn to self manage the symptoms better. I hope you at least give the meds a trial.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Amisulpride(sp) caused me great anxiety as it put my prolactin up to high.

L

Lab rat

I’m not saying you won’t have a reaction to it. The doc has prescribed it and it’s frightening to start on the aps whatever they may be. But if the benefits outweigh the risks, give it a trial.

I’ve had transient effects with nearly everything I’ve taken:

risparidone made me violent and did nothing to stop my symptoms

chlorpromazine gave me a bad guts

haloperidol gave me bad anxiety

olanzapine brought me out in hives and made me sleep 11 hours a day

aripriprazole gave me the jitterbugs and stopped me sleeping

my point is that to begin with I’ve reacted to everything I’ve taken. But after a couple of weeks the initial side effects have gone away, in my case. And I can only give you my experience. The question is what are you going through? And how badly do you want it to end?

L
ike I say, I can only give you my experience, that’s all any of us can do, I don’t know if there’s any medical professionals on here, but I’m certainly not one, I’m just a long term patient.

lavenderfire

lavenderfire

I understand your concern, I had the same concerns. My memory is not what it should be, but my intelligence is as sharp as it ever was.

my 2 cents worth? Take the medication for a month as the dr prescribed them, if at the end of the month you have no improvement or if your intelligence degrades (I have been on nearly all of the meds, hence the name lab rat, and none have had that effect) simply stop. At least you have tried and the dr can prescribe something else.

if it helps, I find I can learn things better since I take the meds. It all depends on what you want from your life? I don’t think the meds hobble you, but try going to uni or holding a job when floridly psychotic! The illness will destroy your life if you let it. With age and experience, you learn to self manage the symptoms better. I hope you at least give the meds a trial.
Wow. You REALLY helped me. Thank you so much. You are a blessing. Please share more because you are so helpful to people.

Because of this I straight took my first dose.

L

Lab rat

I hope it works for you! 🤗

I

Imager

Amisulpiride caused me terrible akithisia and restlessness when I tried it instead of olanzapine a few years ago. It was like being physically tortured and I could not rest or sleep. Seems that olanzapine is much more suitable for me. I have been on it since 1997 and in that time have had no hospital admissions.

L

Lab rat

Simple, if it does cause that. Stop. Remember, we are all different and the op may not have those effects. I had restlessness with solian it lasted the first week I took them, then it went away. I was on them for 6 months or so and stopped dead when they changed my meds. If the op takes them for a month and decides to stop, if they get wds simply half the meds for a couple of days, then take it down to as close as you can get to a quarter for a couple of days then stop.

freddo808

freddo808

I took it for a while about 4-5 months ago. Didn't really change anything. Kept my symptoms at bay but nothing for depression.

ht46

ht46

I've been on it a year and a bit and has been pretty good over all I was still suffering symptoms on risperidone so I switched. On amisulpride they have reduced greatly so I'm happy with it, I still struggle with paranoia but not as much. I can't think of much negatives in my experience, tiredness is one I sleep a lot, occasional strange movements with my tongue and feet being restless and twitchy. i think you should give it a try it's helped a lot for me, the only down side for me is if I forget to take it I start noticing symptoms very quickly like shaking, restlessness, paranoid delusions so you i have to take it routine twice a day but like I said a great improvement to risperidone, they just have to monitor prolactin and blood pressure but that's just a couple blood tests a year.