• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has Anyone Tried Orthomolecular Medicine / Nutritional Approach?

I

IsaD

Hi, Has anyone tried orthomolecuolar medicine or a nutritional approach to treating schizophrenia?
I would be interested in hearing about your experience.

N

NoOne5

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No I haven't. I hope you find success with treating your condition. But before trying anything please talk to your Doctor. Well wishes. :hug: :hug:

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I've heard people with schizophrenia lack omega 3, but, I have been taking omega 3-6-9 capsules for a few years and not noticed much at all.

I also eat a vegetarian diet, but have been before I had schizophrenia.

Diet consists of mostly carbs and meat alternatives. I don't eat enough fruit or veggies, which I'd like to eat more of.

EdEd

EdEd

I used Ginkgo Biloba and L-Theanine and tried different variations of nootropics to no avail.. it didnt change much about the condition.. I tried for a year and a half everyday.. and nothing notable or different.. however I believe taking vitamins is a good way to combat what is happening to your body by giving your body its nutritional needs. It doesnt hurt , nothing bad happened to me.

Zero One

Zero One

I am getting really fat so I switched to vegetarian which normally keeps my weight stable, I have noticed a difference with my mental health, but this is only three days in. I feel more light and free instead of being weighed down by this overshadowing depressive type feeling that I just live with.

I

IsaD

I am getting really fat so I switched to vegetarian which normally keeps my weight stable, I have noticed a difference with my mental health, but this is only three days in. I feel more light and free instead of being weighed down by this overshadowing depressive type feeling that I just live with.
That's interesting. I was thinking about a vegetarian or vegetable heavy diet..It's good hearing that there is a dietary change that can make you feel better.

Zero One

Zero One

That's interesting. I was thinking about a vegetarian or vegetable heavy diet..It's good hearing that there is a dietary change that can make you feel better.
I'm having a rough day today though, not sure if it's because I posted this and was thinking about it.

EdEd

EdEd

Like today is rough and you decided to tell us that it was rough and the voices made a big deal out of it?

Zero One

Zero One

:hug: EdEd! NO I am wondering if I am having a bad day because I noticed some changes in my mind yesterday and was thinking about it.

EdEd

EdEd

I see , you're just being observant nothing wrong with that.

EdEd

EdEd

It's good that you are aware.. shows that you're still paying attention. You care about yourself. It's a good quality.

Zero One

Zero One

It's good that you are aware.. shows that you're still paying attention. You care about yourself. It's a good quality.
Thank you, EdEd. Just sometimes this mental disorder takes me by surprise. This morning I was having problems with decisioning. My mind would go blank after I made a decision and then it would recover in this weird pattern of thinking that made me uneasy.

Sorry if I got off topic