• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has anyone tried CBD for management of Schizophrenia?

S

sshealth

My brother is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, with no adherence to medications. I have been doing a lot of research online, and have recently come across the many studies being done on CBD oil/cannabis (Cannabidiol) as a treatment plan for psychosis. Has anyone here tried this? I would love to know if anyone saw positive results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am on CBD I am taking it for anxiety and depression,it has helped the anxiety.I have had psychoses in the past but didn't try CBD for that,I don't know whether it helps more severe psychotic states,Please let us know if you use it what effects it has.I have taken CBD for about six months during this time I was found to have precancer or cancer and continued with CBD and an anti cancer diet and am now free from cancer after biopsy,I think the CBD cured me.I have heard it helps epilepsy and so far don't know of any progress with it for schizophrenia.I would be interested if you try it on how you get on.

S

sshealth

Thanks for the reply Nikita - I also take it for anxiety and I think it has helped me a lot. Congratulations on being cancer free - that's incredible. I am trying to find CBD in dried form that can be smoked for my brother - since he is already a cannabis smoker and this wouldn't require introducing a new 'medication' to him. I will let you know how it goes.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

My brother is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, with no adherence to medications. I have been doing a lot of research online, and have recently come across the many studies being done on CBD oil/cannabis (Cannabidiol) as a treatment plan for psychosis. Has anyone here tried this? I would love to know if anyone saw positive results.

Thanks so much!
its not legal where I live YET but its going to be.

Its important to remember everyone reacts differently to a substance, even something like a Panadol will send me to sleep.

Hairy.Mary

Hairy.Mary

You can buy hemp tea legally in uk, I got off Amazon and you can smoke that. Just bear in mind hemp is a lot more seedy than marijuana

Funnyday

Funnyday

I started vaping CBD a couple of weeks back. I have diabetes and it has improved the circulation in my legs. My blood glucose level is still elevated. As far as schizophrenia is concerned I don't have many symptons at the moment so its hard to say what affect its had. However, I feel less anxious. I feel relaxed and I am sleeping better. I wasn't experiencing psychosis when I started so can't say if it would help for that or not.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the reply Nikita - I also take it for anxiety and I think it has helped me a lot. Congratulations on being cancer free - that's incredible. I am trying to find CBD in dried form that can be smoked for my brother - since he is already a cannabis smoker and this wouldn't require introducing a new 'medication' to him. I will let you know how it goes.
You can get it dried in capsules to swallow from

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Has anyone tried Neurofeedback Therapy? Schizophrenia Forum 1
lavenderfire Has anyone tried Solian or Amisulpride? Schizophrenia Forum 35
I Has Anyone Tried Orthomolecular Medicine / Nutritional Approach? Schizophrenia Forum 18
T Need Advice! Has anyone ever tried Testosterone replacement therapy or Steroids?? Schizophrenia Forum 5
S Levomepromazine. Has anyone tried this medication? Schizophrenia Forum 5
T Has anyone tried clozapine? Schizophrenia Forum 5
R Has anyone tried Sulpiride? Schizophrenia Forum 3
H Has anyone tried cbd Schizophrenia Forum 6
M has anyone ever feel like they released a demon Schizophrenia Forum 7
R Has anyone elses schizophrenia been activated by a conscious action you took in reality? Schizophrenia Forum 4
R Has this happened to anyone else? Schizophrenia Forum 2
M Does anyone has confusion and flat emotion before? Schizophrenia Forum 5
S Has anyone else seen or read John Dies at the End? Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Has anyone had any delusions about their partner cheating on them? Schizophrenia Forum 5
Mr.NiceGuy Has anyone been watching their tail bone? Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Anyone has the hidden camera delusion? Schizophrenia Forum 60
F Has anyone had anything like this happen? Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Has anyone else successfully been discharged by the mental health team in England? Schizophrenia Forum 8
S has anyone recovered their senses after a long illness? Schizophrenia Forum 3
M Has anyone experienced somatic delusions? Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Does anyone experience this or know of anyone who has Schizophrenia Forum 13
O Has anyone here ever known someone to be schizophrenic or borderline and overcome it? Schizophrenia Forum 29
A hi new here has anyone been on vryalar Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Has anyone had a mind befriender Schizophrenia Forum 6
L Has anyone used biofeedback with good results? Schizophrenia Forum 1
telekinesis has anyone else been consuming large amounts of nicotine? Schizophrenia Forum 7
B Has This Ever Happened To Anyone? Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Has anyone ever experienced this before? Schizophrenia Forum 3
J Has anyone successfully stopped Clozapine without going onto a different medication? Schizophrenia Forum 26
G Has anyone else ever heard voices telling them not to sleep? Schizophrenia Forum 4
G Has anyone been in trouble with the law Schizophrenia Forum 1
L has amazon.. Schizophrenia Forum 5
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Why is there so negativity in this world? covide is to blame, it has to go to normal soon before i go insane in my room. Schizophrenia Forum 3
C What if schizophrenia has something to do with your spirit/higher self/soul/subconscious mind? Schizophrenia Forum 19
MissPink Has my boyfriend got Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
THE MANDALORIAN It has started. Schizophrenia Forum 3
THE MANDALORIAN A major blessing has finally blossomed. Schizophrenia Forum 2
S My cousin has schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 11
Q I [M21] feel like my brother [M28] has paranoid thoughts and I really don't know what to do about it Schizophrenia Forum 4
LORD BURT Do you ever feel that psychosis has made you too powerful? Schizophrenia Forum 2
S Anybody has experience of taking paliperidon and Trintellix? Schizophrenia Forum 14
lifecangetbetter my life has been robbed away from me Schizophrenia Forum 37
THE MANDALORIAN There has to be a balance Schizophrenia Forum 4
D Looking for ANY kind of advice, I think my husband has some type of schizophrenic episodes.. and idk what im doing here PLEASE HELP US.!! Schizophrenia Forum 9
lifecangetbetter how much has your life been improved since you've went on an antipsychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 17
T Do you think my uncle has schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 10
O God has been talking to me about Artificial Intelligence Schizophrenia Forum 80
P It has happened again! Schizophrenia Forum 2
S My best friend has signs of Psychosis. What should I do ? Schizophrenia Forum 10
I Has Your Diagnosis Changed Your View of God? Schizophrenia Forum 23