• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has anyone tried CBD (Cannabidiol) ?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe i mix cbd in with pot but the anti psychiatry lot have a certain commonality with dope smokers and i think some see cbd as something that can be taken whilst coming off psychiatric drugs, i'm not so sure as a complete alternative

D

Deleted member 73212

I ordered CBD oil to test it (10% CBD full-spectrum oil). Its different from smoking or vaporizing the flowers. Only 2 drops almost work like an anti-psychotic for me, but I feel really relaxed and good with it instead of the zombie-like state neuroleptics put you in. It doesnt last as long but definitely lessend my voices. It feels like blocking them out (but they're not gone completely). I feel its the better alternative to neuroleptics but I guess thats because I got my own voices during a complicated clozapine-withdrawal. I never heard voices before I quit the clozapine and we are going to sue the doctor who prescribed this deadly drug to me. Psych meds destroyed my life, I would never take any of these poisons again.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I ordered CBD oil to test it (10% CBD full-spectrum oil). Its different from smoking or vaporizing the flowers. Only 2 drops almost work like an anti-psychotic for me, but I feel really relaxed and good with it instead of the zombie-like state neuroleptics put you in. It doesnt last as long but definitely lessend my voices. It feels like blocking them out (but they're not gone completely). I feel its the better alternative to neuroleptics but I guess thats because I got my own voices during a complicated clozapine-withdrawal. I never heard voices before I quit the clozapine and we are going to sue the doctor who prescribed this deadly drug to me. Psych meds destroyed my life, I would never take any of these poisons again.
i don't have your faith in cbd as an alternative and for whatever reason cbd in large doses is expensive as opposed to sulpiride which is free and i have an unlimited supply, i'll add so far

incidentally i have issues with psychiatric drugs, i said to one psychiatrist i don't like taking them she said this is a less than ideal world i'd vouch for that

D

Deleted member 73212

I have used CBD for about 6 weeks now. It has a very relaxing effect and sometimes blocks out the voices a little. I feel better overall, mentally and physically. However my voices are still there. It seems I have gained a little ground regarding them. I can now hurt them too, using their own "arguments" against them. I'm basically "beating" them now sometimes. But this only quiets them, they then simply wait for the next opportunity to hurt me. So thats basically what "we" (my voices and I) are doing now all day long, trying to hurt each other. So funny. At least I can sleep. I have to say CBD is working really good (especially the CBD-Oil). I feel better and can sometimes even win against the voices. I couldnt do that for 9 years, I always was the victim, their "torture toy" as I call it. I will keep using it, although it is getting a little expensive with the good-quality oil. CBD-flowers and CBD-Hash also have that effect, though not as strong as the oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
soulsearcher

soulsearcher

never tried it

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
going to take cbd oil for my meeting today was thinking a bottle is 20 pound a few drops on the tongue must cost a pound for the same price i could get a can of beer from the supermarket, which would relax me just the same and help with the meeting

EdEd

EdEd

I found CBD without THC to be mildly relaxing... but what works better is L-Theanine , which is found within CBD Capsules most the time... it's very important for the CBD that's used to be THC-free...in my personal opinion.

A

arsomeX

I heard from many people that CBD (Cannabidiol) has helped them with schizophrenia-type symptoms, so I tried it. Its been one week now and I'm quite enthusiastic about this substance. Its basically medicinal cannabis, without any THC (which makes people high). I used the 20% CBD hash in a vaporizer. I guess the CBD-oil is the best way to take it, but its also the most expensive. Besides the impressive relaxation it provides (without feeling high) I noticed a definite effect on my voices. They were complaining that I should stop that, that they dont like it. Then they became calmer and actually moved a little to the background so that I had a little more headspace for myself. I didnt experience this kind of freedom for many years, it actually made me cry. I will test this further and see how it goes. Has anyone else here tried CBD to treat their voices?

PS: I didnt notice any negative side-effects so far
For me cbd oil helps a lot when it comes to relaxing...I've tried vaporing, but it doesn't have the same effect on me.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I wonder if a CBD oil aromatherapy set-up would be any good?

IDK.

I do feel it is an overpriced and bizarrely misunderstood product at the minute.

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

I've tried really weak stuff, like soda and herbal cigarettes, small dose actual thc. but they just made me care much less, not necessarily solve my problems :) that's very interesting that stronger stuff can help so much.

vangoghs

vangoghs

I heard from many people that CBD (Cannabidiol) has helped them with schizophrenia-type symptoms, so I tried it. Its been one week now and I'm quite enthusiastic about this substance. Its basically medicinal cannabis, without any THC (which makes people high). I used the 20% CBD hash in a vaporizer. I guess the CBD-oil is the best way to take it, but its also the most expensive. Besides the impressive relaxation it provides (without feeling high) I noticed a definite effect on my voices. They were complaining that I should stop that, that they dont like it. Then they became calmer and actually moved a little to the background so that I had a little more headspace for myself. I didnt experience this kind of freedom for many years, it actually made me cry. I will test this further and see how it goes. Has anyone else here tried CBD to treat their voices?

PS: I didnt notice any negative side-effects so far
No. I am very wary of CBD. I think it will turn out to have very negative side effects long term.

There are a bunch of CBD places around Austin. I think they are part of a foreign plot to undermine American society.

J

JeanPierre

I use the whole plant to get all of the benefits.
THC tincture or drops, have literally saved my life.
Best luck!

HiImAnn

HiImAnn

I've tried cbd as well when I discovered it helped with psychotic symptoms. It got to the point where my voices would make me uncontrollably bawl at random times of the day. I would get realty embarrassed and upset bc I don't like people to know I have scizoeffective disorder. Cbd helped a lot, although the voices are still there and still occasionally get to me, I can now hold my own in public.

vangoghs

vangoghs

My advice to everyone here is based on common sense and observation (reading news articles): do not try to self-medicate with drugs, alcohol OR smoking.

I think CBD/hard drugs/alcohol/smoking will only make things worse for you.

Anyone that tries to get you to self-medicate with the aforementioned things, does not have your best interests at heart. Mental illness is in the brain, and these things have a corrosive affect on that organ.

Better ways to self-medicate: eat a healthier diet, drink more water, exercise more, try to get more sleep, read more, get more sunshine (but wear sunscreen), practice safe sexual practices, find a good therapist or take up journaling, focus on quitting a drug habit if you have one (and/or an alcohol or smoking one), and do not rush into romantic relationships (many schizophrenics end up being abused).