• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Has anyone tried CBD (Cannabidiol) ?

S

Saphyrro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I heard from many people that CBD (Cannabidiol) has helped them with schizophrenia-type symptoms, so I tried it. Its been one week now and I'm quite enthusiastic about this substance. Its basically medicinal cannabis, without any THC (which makes people high). I used the 20% CBD hash in a vaporizer. I guess the CBD-oil is the best way to take it, but its also the most expensive. Besides the impressive relaxation it provides (without feeling high) I noticed a definite effect on my voices. They were complaining that I should stop that, that they dont like it. Then they became calmer and actually moved a little to the background so that I had a little more headspace for myself. I didnt experience this kind of freedom for many years, it actually made me cry. I will test this further and see how it goes. Has anyone else here tried CBD to treat their voices?

PS: I didnt notice any negative side-effects so far

Last edited:
K

karl7

keep us posted on how this goes.....hope youre keeping well......are the voices more difficult now or less.....keep us posted

Funnyday

Funnyday

I've been taking CBD capsules. I started them back in 2016 at some point. They've not stopped the voices for me.

In March 2017 I had a very bad episode when taking them. I stopped my car got out and stripped naked. Crawling along the ground on my hands and knees in Glasgow lol.

However, I have noticed other effects to my person. My circulation is now improved. Also my eyesight is better as I can now see detail in the distance. I definately recommend them.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've tried cbd oil from holland and barretts chemist maybe they help but so does smoking dope in the short term it's long term that the problems arise

Kerome

Kerome

CBD is supposed to be an antipsychotic but you need to take quite high doses, and the CBD oil market is a bit of a cowboy place, it’s largely unregulated.

S

Saphyrro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It works quite good so far, I feel better overall. The voices are still there, but not as aggressive as the time before I tried this. Im using CBD-flowers in a vaporizer as the CBD-Oil is very expensive. It relaxes the body without any feeling of being inebriated (THC is under 0.02%). I can sleep and am surprisingly energetic the next day. Unfortunately I cant buy the really good full-spectrum oil because its still very expensive. So far no negative side-effects.

Funnyday

Funnyday

It works quite good so far, I feel better overall. The voices are still there, but not as aggressive as the time before I tried this. Im using CBD-flowers in a vaporizer as the CBD-Oil is very expensive. It relaxes the body without any feeling of being inebriated (THC is under 0.02%). I can sleep and am surprisingly energetic the next day. Unfortunately I cant buy the really good full-spectrum oil because its still very expensive. So far no negative side-effects.
The CBD oil that I take is full spectrum. It comes in capsules.

S

Saphyrro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Funnyday, I think you need much more than 7mg CBD per day for schizophrenia. I heard you need 200mg +, so all these products would be way too expensive.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
seeing gp tomorrow, hope to ask her but so many questions then long wait in crowded surgery with social anxiety, could take cbd oil for that

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
gp said if cbd isn't in the national formulary she can't advise

S

Saphyrro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
From what I read CBD is the newest much promising substance shown to be effective in the treatment of mental illnesses and many other diseases like epilepsy, parkinsons disease, multiple sclerosis and even cancer. It has shown to cure brain cancer. I think doctors should educate themselves and at least know about this substance and not just say its not in the formulary. Not sure if your doctor can still prescribe it to you though. I do believe it is helping, I feel a little better (its all relative..) since I started CBD and actually can relax sometimes, which I couldnt for a long time before.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
From what I read CBD is the newest much promising substance shown to be effective in the treatment of mental illnesses and many other diseases like epilepsy, parkinsons disease, multiple sclerosis and even cancer. It has shown to cure brain cancer. I think doctors should educate themselves and at least know about this substance and not just say its not in the formulary. Not sure if your doctor can still prescribe it to you though. I do believe it is helping, I feel a little better (its all relative..) since I started CBD and actually can relax sometimes, which I couldnt for a long time before.
i think it's the dopeheads who claim cannabis is a panacea for everything, reminds me of my druggie roommate claiming tobacco and alcohol are bad for the health but cannabis is harmless man

so harmless i've spent my entire life since mostly out of work with one of the most stigmatising diagnoseses on earth regardless of the pain the illness causes

said to one neighbour if they do legalise cannabis and it's found to have some medical benefit will you take it if it's prescribed by a doctor

S

Saphyrro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No its not the dopeheads. CBD does help with a broad variety of illnesses. This is well documented, as well as the scientific research about it. Its below the radar of most people because big pharma is trying to prevent this from becoming really public. Big pharma needs sick people to make more money. They dont really want us to be healthy. Sadly.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
No its not the dopeheads. CBD does help with a broad variety of illnesses. This is well documented, as well as the scientific research about it. Its below the radar of most people because big pharma is trying to prevent this from becoming really public. Big pharma needs sick people to make more money. They dont really want us to be healthy. Sadly.
so the dope heads would say and the anti psychiatry the no of people with my illness who self medicate with cannabis whose behaviour makes a misery for those around them

S

Saphyrro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Idk..taking CBD isnt the same as smoking weed..its one of the compounds in the cannabis plants that already has saved many lives. And sincere modern research keeps investigating it with really good and astounding resuls. Maybe you mix this up with smoking pot? Its not the same really.