Has Anyone Tried A Weighted Blanket To Help With Symptoms?

D

Davisss

the other thing that is true i don't get enough sleep because of nightmares I. Sleep like four hours a night

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

While it's pretty normal to not eat when you're not hungry,it's not really normal to not get hungry.

I suggest you see a doctor about what's going on.That was the first thing I did years ago,and I was put on prescription vitamins to help with my appetite.

megirl

megirl

It depends the reason behind not eating and even though you're not hungry we still need to eat

D

Davisss

Also is there anything I can do about huge mounts of stress from schoolwork I am struggling to finish school work because I have a flashback or something and I take a long time to calm down but this means I have large amounts of school work mounting up what can I do about this?

megirl

megirl

Davisss,
Kind of taken over someone else's post
Hope that's ok,
You commented somewhere else about your eating,
I think deep down you know its not healthy,
Sounds like there's a lot more going on stress from your school work,
Sometimes one stressor can trigger other mental health issues, you mentioned flashbacks?
Dont mean to sound bossy, I am concerned and being a trained nurse I care,
The not eating and stress, its like are you not eating because of stress and stressed so you don't want to eat, its like a snowball and now you are having flashbacks,
Sounds like you really need to see a doctor,
Really concerned about yr mental health.
When I am struggling mental health wise I have nightmares as well.
4 hours a night that not a lot of sleeping

D

Davisss

The blanket worked really I had some nightmares but they didn't actually wake me up I also slept at a super well like 10hours it's great

megirl

megirl

Wow I'm really pleased for you,
That's so good to hear

D

Davisss

It's really strange I though it would feel like it was crushing you but it's actually really comforting

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

It's really strange I though it would feel like it was crushing you but it's actually really comforting
I thought it would feel like I was being held down(and was afraid it would trigger me)but instead it feels like I'm being held.I will always want to have one of them now and hopefully this one will last a long time.I think the next time I do buy one I will go up to 20 pounds though just for added comfort.

D

Davisss

I thought it would feel like I was being held down(and was afraid it would trigger me)but instead it feels like I'm being held.I will always want to have one of them now and hopefully this one will last a long time.I think the next time I do buy one I will go up to 20 pounds though just for added comfort.
That's why I think it's easier to make it yourself because if I want a heavier blanket I can just cut the stitches and make it heavier but it is odly comforting

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

It would be easier to make one myself if I knew how to sew.:faint:

I'm better off buying one.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

As I said before,on the package it says 15 lbs is for those that weigh between 100 and 150 lbs.I won't tell my weight but I am down at the lower end of the weight that it's for.I just feel that for me personally 20 lbs would feel even more comforting than the 15 lbs.I'm also pretty tall too so I think that might make a difference also.

D

Davisss

As I said before,on the package it says 15 lbs is for those that weigh between 100 and 150 lbs.I won't tell my weight but I am down at the lower end of the weight that it's for.I just feel that for me personally 20 lbs would feel even more comforting than the 15 lbs.I'm also pretty tall too so I think that might make a difference also.
OK I'm quite short and very light so I might try a little heavier but 20 pounds would be way too much for me

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

LOL,I wasn't suggesting that weight for you,I was just saying for me personally I think 20 lbs might be better.Or maybe just a larger blanket,part of my legs stick out the bottom of it and I don't like that.

D

Davisss

LOL,I wasn't suggesting that weight for you,I was just saying for me personally I think 20 lbs might be better.Or maybe just a larger blanket,part of my legs stick out the bottom of it and I don't like that.
Ik u weren't nobody would but its such a niche item it would probable be hard to find odly large sizes

X

Xan

My experience with a weighted blanket has been 95% positive. For the first few months it helped me get to sleep more easily with less rocking myself to sleep. Now I’m just used to it, and conditioned to go to sleep when I lay it over me. There have been a few nights when I woke up in a panic (like I do sometimes) and the sensation was worse because I couldn’t easily escape from it. Trade off was worth it. I can’t go to sleep without it.

X

Xan

By the way, I hope your appetight is back. A nut in a few days isn’t a normal appetight.