Has Anyone Tried A Weighted Blanket To Help With Symptoms?

D

Davisss

I have asked my councellor about them and she says that its a placebo and only works short term also I went to the gym with my boyfriend and struggled to lift a 10 ibs dumbell so blanket that weighs 15 would kill me

megirl

megirl

15 o dumbell is bit different as the blanket is distributing its weight not in one place if 15 pounds is too heavy then you need a lighter one, it is worth giving it a go.

D

Davisss

OK
Il probably end up making one I'm in college as if I can afford one of these

D

Davisss

OK so Google said they should be a tenth of your weight another reason I wouldn't buy one I'm losing a lot of weight incredibly fast I don't really have any idea why but I've lost lk 6.5 ibs in the last week

megirl

megirl

That's a heck of a lot.
Are you eating ok?
Yes the occupational therapist made one for me
It is quite expensive to buy one
You really need to have a check up at the doctors if you keep losing weight

D

Davisss

That's a heck of a lot.
Are you eating ok?
Yes the occupational therapist made one for me
It is quite expensive to buy one
You really need to have a check up at the doctors if you keep losing weight
I think I'm eating OK I am eating less that I used to but recently I stopped eating at regular times and just ate when I got hungry last time I ate was a pistachio nut idk lk 2 days ago but I'm not hungry so it's fine

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

On the package of my 15 Lb. blanket it says it's for those that weigh between 100 and 150 Lbs.I feel it's about the proper weight for me even though I am down at the lower end of the weight that it's for.

D

Davisss

On the package of my 15 Lb. blanket it says it's for those that weigh between 100 and 150 Lbs.I feel it's about the proper weight for me even though I am down at the lower end of the weight that it's for.
OK I just think I'd die under 15 ibs if I'm only 89 I'm also losing a lot of weight quickly

D

Davisss

It's also something I have noticed I seem to have fewer nightmares and all of my symptoms are reduce when I'm with someone else

megirl

megirl

I would certainly give the blanket a try,
It also helps with my nightmares too though you shouldn't be under the blanket for too long
Thrilled it does help you

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

OK I just think I'd die under 15 ibs if I'm only 89 I'm also losing a lot of weight quickly
I think you would be surprised at how the blanket feels,it doesn't feel crushing at all and I think even at your weight it would be about the proper one to get.Not only that but you may end up gaining weight and not stay the size you are.

It sounds like you're losing weight because you're not eating.Why are you starving yourself like that?

megirl

megirl

Sorry I do agree, if you havnt eaten for 2 days you are starving yourself its actually not ok
You will get I'll.
The reason you're losing weight is because you aren't eating
Sorry to sound harsh but you will get I'll

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I think I'm eating OK I am eating less that I used to but recently I stopped eating at regular times and just ate when I got hungry last time I ate was a pistachio nut idk lk 2 days ago but I'm not hungry so it's fine
I'm not starving myself I just have a smaller appetite than I used to
Sorry but eating a pistachio nut 2 days ago seems like starving yourself to me and why I said that.As someone that has struggled with anorexia in the past I can say firsthand how dangerous and unhealthy not eating can be.Have you talked to a Dr about your lack of appetite?

D

Davisss

I don't think I'm starving myself 2 days isn't that long is it??

D

Davisss

Sorry but eating a pistachio nut 2 days ago seems like starving yourself to me and why I said that.As someone that has struggled with anorexia in the past I can say firsthand how dangerous and unhealthy not eating can be.Have you talked to a Dr about your lack of appetite?
I haven't talked to a doctor

megirl

megirl

And please got to a doctor,let us know how you get on