• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Has Anyone Taken Vraylar?

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

I've been on Vraylar for the past several months, and I've been having some issues, but my doctor just shrugs them off and says I'm fine. I've been having horrible akathisia, headaches, and I forget stuff constantly. My psychiatrist swears that the memory thing isn't related to the meds but I'm pretty sure it is. I didn't have so much trouble with my memory before going on Vraylar. It's also crazy expensive ($1400 without insurance). I'm on a prescription assistance program that allows me to get it for free, but that's only temporary. I want to switch to a different med but I don't see my doctor for another two months. Anyway, what is/was Vraylar like for you, if you've taken it? Has it helped you or made things worse?

calypso

calypso

Admin
when I googled it, it said it was for acute mania. Are you in a manic state? If it costs that much I would insist on a new appointment with your doc asap and ask them to change it for certain. Make a nuisance of yourself, they are there to help us not dictate to us. I presume you are in the US having to fund your own drugs. We don't in this country but if its that expensive our docs won't prescribe it - I've never heard of it before.

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

I have bipolar disorder, but I am not currently manic. I was when he prescribed it, though. I will call and keep calling until I get an appointment because I definitely won't be able to afford it once I'm off of the prescription assistance and it's giving me too many side effects anyway. Thanks for replying.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I have bipolar too so I am especially interested in this drug, its new to me. If it gives these side effects you are best off it. You can always tell them that you can't afford it and that you don't want to crash off the drug in case you go manic again. They should suggest another mood stabiliser for you. There are loads out there which are proven and safer than this one. Being a new drug I wonder if they are getting kick backs from the drug company to prescribe it? Just a thought.