has anyone spent time in an psych ward if so what was it like ?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Asking this because i am going to be staying at one for 14 weeks to over a year depending on how long they think i need

A

angels egg

Yes. I was in two.

First one was boring. The staff usually laughed at the patients or just ignored us. I've seen how those who were very upset and angry got locked away in that solitary room. At least we had TV.

The second one was worse. The staff really didn't care about us. I felt suicidal and could've hurt myself many times. The staff didn't properly look after us. Women and men were not separated. Women had female roommates, but patients wandered up and down the halls at night and anyone could've walked into our bedrooms. My roommate and I were always scared at night because of this. The staff, again, didn't care. Here they almost never turned on the TV.

Oh and with both, I rarely got to speak to a therapist. They never seemed to have the time, so I was mostly alone with my thoughts.

I hope the best for you. It's good to have visitors and have someone to talk to. I hope everything works out well for you.

Sorry state

Sorry state

Hi, no I haven't but it was an option that was discussed. However, I was told by the team looking after me that they would rather keep me out of the ward (read into that what you will). They visit me every other day (every day at first) and phone every day.

I suppose if they think it's necessary it's the best place for you. I hope its the right choice and it goes well for you.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Yes. I was in two.

First one was boring. The staff usually laughed at the patients or just ignored us. I've seen how those who were very upset and angry got locked away in that solitary room. At least we had TV.

The second one was worse. The staff really didn't care about us. I felt suicidal and could've hurt myself many times. The staff didn't properly look after us. Women and men were not separated. Women had female roommates, but patients wandered up and down the halls at night and anyone could've walked into our bedrooms. My roommate and I were always scared at night because of this. The staff, again, didn't care. Here they almost never turned on the TV.

Oh and with both, I rarely got to speak to a therapist. They never seemed to have the time, so I was mostly alone with my thoughts.

I hope the best for you. It's good to have visitors and have someone to talk to. I hope everything works out well for you.
sorry to hear you had them bad experiences may i ask what country you was in at the time of those stays i am assuming uk ?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Hi, no I haven't but it was an option that was discussed. However, I was told by the team looking after me that they would rather keep me out of the ward (read into that what you will). They visit me every other day (every day at first) and phone every day.

I suppose if they think it's necessary it's the best place for you. I hope its the right choice and it goes well for you.
hanging by a thread hopefully i will improve