Has anyone seen a Mental Health Occupational Therapist ?

S

shado

Anyone ?
What are ur experiences?
I'm looking for as much details as u can give.. as I have my first appointment this week and I am going to try it but I'm not sure it's really going to be for me.. I've read that they go out with u and I dont think I can do that .. I struggle on my own but being with someone that is evaluating me I just dont think I can..

N

natalie

Hi Shado,

From what I have remembered, and this is my long term memory working here, you basically have meetings with the OT, occupational therapists, or just one of them, and the meetings take place in the departments of community mental health team itself, if you are thinking of out and about, I think you must be confused with Befriending, Qualified Befrienders do that side of things.

I am sure that people/posters - members who have seen one recently will be able to help you out, couldn't you possibly have one of your parents, or a friend, by that I mean a close friend whom might know of your problems, to assist you for moral support at the meetings? Also, they might be able to help you to back up your problems, if you have problems struggling explaining your case history.

I hope some of this will be of help.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,my last cpn wanted me to meet with one ,i believe at the time it was to see how i was coping and managing and what i could and couldn't do around the house

it fell through though as my cpn said i wouldn't work with her

i hope the meeting goes well
love Lu x