Has anyone had rTMS (modern version of ECT)?

L

LivLight

Looking to talk to others who’ve had rTMS. I’m five weeks in.

M

mariosnic23

Hello LivLight.

I'm really keen on starting this therapy mainly because of the absence of side effects. I'm on Cymbalta and risperidone 3.5 months now and currently still feeling anxious. Also it kinda made me worse. I have got Social anxiety, general anxiety, depression, ocd and some low level of mental retardness(Asperger syndrome).
What is your opinion on rTMS? What have your problems been, were or are ? How did it help you if it has? What do you recommend me to do and do you have any personal or other experience?

I am excited for this method. Looking forward on hearing your news

L

LivLight

Hello LivLight.

I'm really keen on starting this therapy mainly because of the absence of side effects. I'm on Cymbalta and risperidone 3.5 months now and currently still feeling anxious. Also it kinda made me worse. I have got Social anxiety, general anxiety, depression, ocd and some low level of mental retardness(Asperger syndrome).
What is your opinion on rTMS? What have your problems been, were or are ? How did it help you if it has? What do you recommend me to do and do you have any personal or other experience?

I am excited for this method. Looking forward on hearing your news
It helped me at first. Sadly the effect has been short-lived. I have anxiety, depression and PTSD. I was having the rTMS for the depression and PTSD. They use a different protocol in the treatment depending on whether they are focusing on your anxiety or depression.

M

mariosnic23

Sad to hear this.
I hope you found another way of going about your problems. How many sessions of rTMS did you do? I heard for severe anxiety you will normally need more than the usual amount(20 sessions is the normal and 30 the recommended for severe).
Did your doctor mention why there was a failure or is it because your were treatment-resistant for the particular therapy ?