• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has anyone had a good experience with Abilify?

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My psychiatrist wants to switch me over from quetiapine to Abilify, but all I've heard about Abilify is that it can cause insomnia and anxiety. My psychiatrist is increasing the quetiapine from 550 mg to 600 mg, because I really am nervous about the side effects of Abilify. I've gained at least 75 pounds since I started quetiapine, and Abilify supposedly doesn't have weight gain as a side effect, so that's why my psych wants to put me on Abilify, but I'm too scared.

C

chocolatebox123

Hi,

I was on Abilify for about 9 months and found it ok. My psych changed me from respiridone to it and I found it much better. I had heard that too but found that I slept fine and didn't put on anymore weight. I hated taking meds in general but found this one to be the best of the other three I have been on. I hope this is helpful. It also was fine to come off and I didn't have any sort of dependence on it or anything x

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I have absolutely nothing good to say about Abilify.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had a wonderful experience with Abilify. We met up after Twitter-dating at the Hepworth Wakefield Art Gallery. The Hepworth Wakefield Art Gallery is an art gallery with a café, shop, learning studios, unique conference venue, and exciting events programme, the gallery is a place to explore art, architecture and your imagination.

In the Hepworth Wakefield Art Gallery cafe I nibbled on a courgette-based pastie while Abilify noisily sipped puy lentil and carrot soup through a straw. We explored our imaginations while eating and talking. Then we passed by the unique conference venue heading excitedly hand in hand to the Hepworth Wakefield Art Gallery shop, which was brightly lit. Again we explored our imaginations.

Next we visited the very functional and clean Hepworth Wakefield Art Gallery disabled toilet, and, and quietly undressed one another, and explored our imaginations.

All in all I had a great experience with Abilify and would recommend it to anyone considering exploring their imaginations at the Hepworth Wakefield Art Gallery. You can arrange a date with Abilify and try 'em out yourself via their eponymous Twitter account.

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
honestly dont know what it is ment to do? was prescribed took some nothing, more depression? but am not the best person to ask.

katss

Death8699

Death8699

Holy shit! Abilify made me want to eat everything in sight no matter what dose! I'm a natural bodybuilder and would never touch that drug again because of that reason.

Uh Latuda doesn't have high blood sugar tendencies...I'm on that and Zyprexa, but I do get hungry often because of the latter drug. It's just to cut out the mania.

Anyway, everyone has a different reaction to medication because of our own unique biochemistry.

Read up on it, I wouldn't touch it since you already gained that much weight on quetiapine.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
ok I am on Seroquel also and they tried me on abilify I don't know if it was the abilify or the withdrawals from Seroquel but I couldn't sleep more than 3 hours per night I was agitated and anxiety was through the roof an honest nudge that if you do do it keep in contact with your phyciatrist.

C

chocolatebox123

wow, I didn't realise that people had had such varied experiences of Abilify. I feel lucky that mine were ok. good luck with it all. maybe discuss this and your concerns with your psych and see what they say x

TheRedMenace

TheRedMenace

My psychiatrist wants to switch me over from quetiapine to Abilify, but all I've heard about Abilify is that it can cause insomnia and anxiety. My psychiatrist is increasing the quetiapine from 550 mg to 600 mg, because I really am nervous about the side effects of Abilify. I've gained at least 75 pounds since I started quetiapine, and Abilify supposedly doesn't have weight gain as a side effect, so that's why my psych wants to put me on Abilify, but I'm too scared.

Hi PC - I put on 2 stone in weight on Olanzapine so my pdoc has slowly decreased my Olanzapine and slowly in increasing my Abilify, just started my final dosage of 15 mg 2 days ago.
Having read about it I too am a little worried, but so far its been ok. I still feel down most of the time. We can be aripiprazole buddies.
Good luckwith it, keep us informed.

G
x