• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Has anyone felt this before? Please help!

lizard56

lizard56

My anxiety started 9 years ago. I was on medication for 2 years and have been without them for the past 7 years when I became pregnant with my second son. I’ve had episodes where I freak out but then I go back to feeling normal. I refused to go back on meds because of all the withdrawals and I don’t want to depend on pills. I’m already a nervous wreck with putting anything in my body. I honestly think the prenatal vitamins I was taking while I was pregnant helped me out so much.

I was afraid my symptoms would come back and stay with me again. It’s been a week since I’ve been having heart flutters, burping, tight chest that comes and goes, shortness of breath that goes and comes back too. I feel so anxious and my shoulders have been so tense. When my boyfriend massages them out, it feels good. I have been an emotional wreck and it all started when I found out a family member got Covid so then I started freaking out. I also happen to get my period during this whole mess. I have been told I have low blood pressure and every time my period comes, I don’t feel too well. I’ve been at the doctor twice already and they say I have Acid Reflux and the reason to my shortness of breath is because I’m making myself breathe so fast due to my anxiety. They prescribed medication for the acid. It’s my second day. I also bought vitamins. I feel so hungry but I don’t want to eat because I don’t like the feeling I have of food being stuck in my throat. I’ve had heartburns but never experienced Acid Reflux where it now feels I can’t swallow my food properly.

I’ve been googling my symptoms and I know I shouldn’t because it only puts me more on edge. I try to tell myself I’m ok. I was ok for 7 years and to think positive. I’m trying to hold it together for my kids and I cry every time I see them because I’m scared to not feel normal again☹

C

celticlass

I've been thinking about this earlier. I may have MS as well as mood issues. I have been diagnosed with reflux and do seem to experience issues in my digestive tract. You should really get your B12 level checked.

lizard56

lizard56

I've been thinking about this earlier. I may have MS as well as mood issues. I have been diagnosed with reflux and do seem to experience issues in my digestive tract. You should really get your B12 level checked.
What have you been thinking about?🙂

C

celticlass

The acid reflux that quite a few anxious people get. It is linked with low B12, which can give symptoms of depression and anxiety. I don't know if everybody realises and worth getting checked. In my case I have muscle pain as well.

lizard56

lizard56

The acid reflux that quite a few anxious people get. It is linked with low B12, which can give symptoms of depression and anxiety. I don't know if everybody realises and worth getting checked. In my case I have muscle pain as well.
If I may ask, have you gotten your b12 checked? My mom is giving me b-complex vitamins. Would that be the same?

lizard56

lizard56

My acid reflux is keeping me up at night. My mouth feels dry. I feel I’m not breathing enough oxygen☹

A

Anxter

My anxiety started 9 years ago. I was on medication for 2 years and have been without them for the past 7 years when I became pregnant with my second son. I’ve had episodes where I freak out but then I go back to feeling normal. I refused to go back on meds because of all the withdrawals and I don’t want to depend on pills. I’m already a nervous wreck with putting anything in my body. I honestly think the prenatal vitamins I was taking while I was pregnant helped me out so much.

I was afraid my symptoms would come back and stay with me again. It’s been a week since I’ve been having heart flutters, burping, tight chest that comes and goes, shortness of breath that goes and comes back too. I feel so anxious and my shoulders have been so tense. When my boyfriend massages them out, it feels good. I have been an emotional wreck and it all started when I found out a family member got Covid so then I started freaking out. I also happen to get my period during this whole mess. I have been told I have low blood pressure and every time my period comes, I don’t feel too well. I’ve been at the doctor twice already and they say I have Acid Reflux and the reason to my shortness of breath is because I’m making myself breathe so fast due to my anxiety. They prescribed medication for the acid. It’s my second day. I also bought vitamins. I feel so hungry but I don’t want to eat because I don’t like the feeling I have of food being stuck in my throat. I’ve had heartburns but never experienced Acid Reflux where it now feels I can’t swallow my food properly.

I’ve been googling my symptoms and I know I shouldn’t because it only puts me more on edge. I try to tell myself I’m ok. I was ok for 7 years and to think positive. I’m trying to hold it together for my kids and I cry every time I see them because I’m scared to not feel

A

Anxter

Lizard, just wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing the same symptoms as you are right now. I've had them all before. For me, it started with feeling scared that I had covid. When I tested negative, the anxiety turned to my chest/throat tightness and the other symptoms took hold. You are right about the googling. It just ramps up the anxiety. I am trying to pull myself away from it, but it isn't easy, I know. It may take a while, but the anxiety will subside. Hang in there, and know that you're absolutely not alone.

lizard56

lizard56

Lizard, just wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing the same symptoms as you are right now. I've had them all before. For me, it started with feeling scared that I had covid. When I tested negative, the anxiety turned to my chest/throat tightness and the other symptoms took hold. You are right about the googling. It just ramps up the anxiety. I am trying to pull myself away from it, but it isn't easy, I know. It may take a while, but the anxiety will subside. Hang in there, and know that you're absolutely not alone.
Thank you so much!!

B

baggy

My acid reflux is keeping me up at night. My mouth feels dry. I feel I’m not breathing enough oxygen☹
That's one of the symptoms that a lot of people don't know about. The shortness of breath feeling. It's the acid irritating your esophagus. You are breathing enough oxygen. Maybe look up disordered breathing patterns. Lots of insight. It's not dangerous, just comes with the reflux and anxiety sometimes. Sorry. It's an awful feeling x