• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has anyone experienced this?

muddlemummy

muddlemummy

I started hearing a male voice years ago who has followed me ever since. He is very negative and is constantly instructing me to do terrible things (which I have so far resisted). Gradually over the months, more and more people have joined him and there is now a mob mocking and taunting me constantly. Recently I have found out that the 'extras' are people who he has driven to suicide through them hearing his voice.

I have always considered suicide as a way to escape my illness but it seems that is not so. I would be recruited into his gang and forced to subject my family (including my children:cry2:) to what I have been experiencing. They too would suffer the pain and distress I feel and there would be nothing I could do about it.

I don't know what to do with myself. I am trapped and facing a lifetime like this. I can't cope. I am on 800mg Quetiapine xl so these cannot be psychotic symptoms as the medication would have removed them if they were. They are very real to me and I cannot dismiss them.

Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do to try and break free from this?:unsure:

Niniane

Niniane

Hi,
I can't really help you in this case, but I'm experiencing pretty much the same thing.
The only way I found to get a break from this distress is to drown myself with movies and TV shows. Have you talked to your doctor to how aggressive your voices are ?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Has anyone experienced something like this. Hearing Voices Forum 1
mami5 Has anyone else experienced this? Hearing Voices Forum 5
Turtle1980 Has anyone.... Hearing Voices Forum 0
S Has anyone had an experience like this one? (voices taking control of your body) Hearing Voices Forum 13
H Has anyone else tried this with their voices? Hearing Voices Forum 19
M Has anyone taken medication and regretted it? Hearing Voices Forum 1
D Has anyone tried CBD (Cannabidiol) ? Hearing Voices Forum 31
A Has anyone heard of EMDR? Hearing Voices Forum 6
J Has anyone ever lost the voices or are they here to stay? Hearing Voices Forum 11
C Has anyone stopped hearing voices recently? Hearing Voices Forum 5
R has anyone else had issues with mh teams? Hearing Voices Forum 6
R Looking for friend who also has voices / similar experience (maybe play games, or vid chat, watch movies, etc.) Hearing Voices Forum 1
M advice from someone who has heard voices for 16 years Hearing Voices Forum 15
Hello513 This disease has utterly ruined me Hearing Voices Forum 8
S God has been sexually abusing me since age 3 Hearing Voices Forum 71
R My partner has 1 reoccurring voice Hearing Voices Forum 4
S My daughter has wrote she is hearing voices Hearing Voices Forum 12
T This has helped my voices a bit Hearing Voices Forum 5
Z Has your personality changed since hearing voices? Hearing Voices Forum 12
Rainbows&Butterflies Has anybody had this experience? Hearing Voices Forum 5
P Talking out loud to my voices has made the neighbours start talking about me, what do I do? Hearing Voices Forum 37
S Changing the face of Recovery: What has worked for you? Hearing Voices Forum 2
B The Voice has come back to me. Hearing Voices Forum 3
J How can i control my voice when she has so much power Hearing Voices Forum 12
A Who else has heard "behold he tells the truth he is a goat"? Hearing Voices Forum 2
D 6 year old has bad eye Hearing Voices Forum 2
Q Anyone voices ever went away permanently? Hearing Voices Forum 25
E Anyone fluent in multiple languages? Which language is your voices in? Hearing Voices Forum 3
E Anyone hate when people ask like what is the voice saying at the moment? (inc professionals) Hearing Voices Forum 6
R Anyone here want to play League (NA)? Also believe in a spiritual cause for the voices (Discord voice) Hearing Voices Forum 8
Daybreak Anyone Can Be Trained to Hallucinate, and That’s Teaching Scientists About Perception Hearing Voices Forum 3
M Can anyone relate to my experience of psychosis? Hearing Voices Forum 1
C Anyone there Hearing Voices Forum 1
hORIzonFINK210 to anyone with a spiritual downfall. Hearing Voices Forum 7
EdEd Does anyone else run into this problem? Hearing Voices Forum 11
H Having visions, does anyone else have them & what's ur opinion? Hearing Voices Forum 3
Z Is anyone getting visions and seeing ufos Hearing Voices Forum 10
soulsearcher Does anyone else hear devils? Hearing Voices Forum 92
F What I’ve been hearing for months. Anyone hear these phrases? Hearing Voices Forum 20
F Anyone know what “it’s your ticket” means? Hearing Voices Forum 20
blokadeknight Anyone else with Bipolar who hears voices? Hearing Voices Forum 4
H Does anyone have 'whispering' voices? Hearing Voices Forum 17
C Does anyone hear a family member? Hearing Voices Forum 10
J I hear voices of pretty much anyone I come into contact with. Hearing Voices Forum 6
L My voice. Anyone have anything similar? Hearing Voices Forum 3
F I think ilm going mad can anyone help? Hearing Voices Forum 10
nickybow86 Does anyone relate? Hearing Voices Forum 7
Lillypad Can anyone relate to this? Hearing Voices Forum 2
T Anyone else been told they have special powers? Hearing Voices Forum 17
S Anyone have vocies that they love or enjoy talking to? Hearing Voices Forum 13