• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Has anyone experienced flashbacks and not remember what it is?

P

pureheart24

This is so difficult to explain.

One day, I was in my class at uni like any other normal day. This girl was sitting 3 rows ahead of me and in the middle of the lecture... she fainted. That’s when things started getting bizarre...

I started seeing glimpses of events that I don’t remember. I remember feeling so terrified and sick. That’s when I blacked out. Next thing I remember, I was being taken away by security guards, screaming and crying.

My professor told me I ran over to the girl and started shaking her. He said I was screaming and saying things that don’t make any sense. When my professor tried to take charge, I pushed him and he fell. She apparently woke up after that and I still kept telling her things that didn’t make any sense. I was screaming on the top of my lungs and crying uncontrollably.

After that event took place... I’ve started having these nightmares and these flashbacks started happening. I’ll start having panic attacks and crying out of nowhere. I feel like I’m reliving a nightmare I can’t even remember. It’s so awful to the point where I’ll throw up sometimes.This is so Crippling and paralyzing at times. I’ve since been taking an antidepressant and I’m not getting those flashbacks quite as bad. But it’s still horrific at times.

I really don’t understand why I reacted that way and why this is happening. I’m hoping there is someone else out there who can relate to me. I feel completely alone.

S

SunnyDaze

Before I was diagnosed with PTSD and a dissociative disorder(I no longer have the dissociative disorder) I had flashbacks of things I didn't remember.

They were repressed memories. My brain and body remembered but it wasn't in my conscious mind.

Are you working with a MH professional?