• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

has anyone ever watched videos of fighting and violence... (trigger warning)

S

ScardeyCat

has anyone ever watched videos of fighting and violence... (trigger warning)

and put yourself in the aggressor's shoes, and wondered what you would do in that situation? For example, the aggressor takes a swing, and you put yourself in their shoes wondering if you would do the same if provoked that way, even though you consider yourself non-violent and the last thing you would want to do is hurt someone. I guess I should do in a situation like this is stop ruminating over the bad thoughts.

any personal experiences with this and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sure boxing MMA and films like Fight Club

I guess the most violent fight I ever seen was Jack Dempsey and Jess Willard

calypso

calypso

Admin
Scaredycat, why this post? Interested. Many people on here will have trouble with identifying with the aggressor. Many have been very hurt by aggressors. What is your point? I just would like to understand why you wrote that as your first post. Have you had a battle with your aggression? I can relate to that and want to understand. I rate people who acknowledge their own problems are wanting to address them.

But "Stand by your Man" ain't my thing....But, I want everyone to listen to you and let you talk about your needs without judgement and help you if you wish this or need this. I can listen to you.

S

ScardeyCat

I suppose I have some aggressive tendencies, yet I have repressed them. I think these could possibly related to some paranoia that exists with my OCD. I feel other people hate me, so I maybe get angry. the last thing i want to do is hurt someone, and I recognize the irrationality of my logic.

S

ScardeyCat

^I'm working to overcome these delusions right now. I realize I label people just when I look at them or hear about their religious affiliation or vague political views. I'm working to overcome these snap judgements by tearing down this logic that promotes them. I realize how crazy OCD has made me now, and I live by the modo "never judge a book by it's cover", and never...never....assume. I treat all people equally now.

S

ScardeyCat

Nikita said:
If you repress anger and your aggressive feelings they can then get turned inward on the self and become self hatred and fear thus stop you being about to function and go out normally.They can make you a small scared person inside that is afraid to assert themselves and speak out.This happened to me,only when I sat and spoke to myself and said I am angry about this and the time so so did that and it hurt and it was scary and it made me angry could I release the complex mix of emotions involved and then felt freer and less afraid and more able to speak out on my own behalf.You should express the anger if you can locate it inside.I have a boxing bag in my bedroom which I punch on when I get angry.
I agree with that, Nikita, but a lot of my anger is misplaced through delusions, and I realize this. A healthy expression of anger is always a good thing, and I know how to assert myself.

D

Dottyone

yes i have watched quite a few, especially martial arts real life in use.

maybe its because i like seeing bulllys get their arses kicked because i have been abused by kids when i was a kid, and beaten as an adult by other adults.

i dont know why but i feal attracted bad people getting their arses kicked..

its complecated...

nonotme

nonotme

any personal experiences with this and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
yes I watched a lot of Islamic stuff a few years ago it made me very ill.... some nasty stuff on the net and doesn't take much finding. Even if the stuff i viewed was fake it was still nasty.

be careful when viewing some stuff.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A losing the will..has anyone ever had this obsession before? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D Has anyone had trouble with imagining things? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
F Has anyone there been through psychosis due to OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
D Has anyone experienced this! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Has anyone tried hypnosis? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
boogaooga Has anyone here tried ERP for harm OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Has anyone watched Straight up on netflix? What are your thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
MissPink Has anyone tried RediCalm for anxiety? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
W Has anyone else had a similar problem like this ? please help ? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L Bug phobia-related OCD -- has anyone else experienced this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A I have severe OCD which has only been getting worse. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B “What if I’m a boy” the thought has come back again Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
A My partner has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
H I think my girlfriend has ROCD and no longer know what to do Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E How to be effectively supportive to your partner who has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Phobia that has been bothering me for a long time Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
C My step daughter has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Was doing really well but now ocd has found a new obsession Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
N my flat mate has OCD and is becoming a problem Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
N I Just Realized Guilt Has Been Running My Life. What Now? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
W Daughter 14 has ocd but new scary things happening Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
N Has anybody had success with using a checklist to stop checking things Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
N How can you tell if someone has harm OCD or if they are geuinlly homicidal? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
H Worried mom, How to tell to my 9 year old son that he has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L My daughter has severe OCD AND is feeling suicidal. What should i do ? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
B Dad has very severe OCD, what can I do? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
J Anyone else have something like this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Can anyone help me as I’m in a panic attack? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
D Can anyone help me? Please I’m struggling Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
P Does anyone else have a fear of parasites? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
M Can anyone relate to these? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Anyone have pain and constant sickness with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
E Anyone here get overwhelmed if they are out a routine Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
TheSadnessWillLastForever Anyone else like this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
A Random earworms, phrases, quotes, sounds on loop anyone? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 15
TDCI1994 Submechanophobia anyone have this and OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Does anyone here have an obsession with words? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D Anyone else do this! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
Z Anyone try NAC Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Can anyone help me. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
magich8ball Does anyone else struggle with shopping compulsions? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M Anyone have tips on how to recover OCD/Anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
jajingna Anyone ever just "get over" your obsessions? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
H Is there anyone on earth can help me? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
L Anyone use Clomipramine/Anafranil? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
I OCD Religious Magical Thinking - anyone else? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K Anyone ever use anafranil for OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
J Was Anyone A Member Of Stuckinadoorway Forum? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
E Does anyone else have these thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
E Can anyone relate to this Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1