• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has anyone else experienced this?

mami5

mami5

Hi

Since around March/April I have been getting these weird sensations. I keep hearing different voices in my head and then it's like my whole body is being taken over. When it forst happened it was The Devil inside me. I accepted his presence and even the fact that he would kill me at the end, until I saw a vision of myself hanging from the staircase. Since then I've had others taking over my whole body. I completely lose control and accept they will kill me.

Not sure what's happening to me at the moment and have started to SH because of this. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Can you help me please?

Thankyou

M

mellonheadgirl

That sounds like some kind of severe psychosis. Did you tell your Dr this? It needs to be addressed before it becomes dangerous for you.

J

jumbled

Have you thought about an exorcism I have been with the devil inside taking control of what I tell my pdoc as a host body?

are you diagnoses with anything or under a cmht?

A

Apotheosis

Leaving aside all the ridiculous claims & notions about what 'mental illness' is, & that 1 in 4, or half of all people are suffering with it, or all the other nonsense that so many people supposedly have 'it'. In truth there is only a very small minority of people that genuinely have 'severe mental illness'. In this group there are indeed patterns, similarities, themes, & experiences that are common to such people.

The whole question is to what is exactly going on in such experiences? I'm not sure that there are categorical answers to such things. A significant percentage of such people get caught up in religions.

I personally think it is a complex interplay of physiological, psychological, environmental & spiritual factors. It's everything in one way & another, & there isn't any singular or one dimensional answer. I feel that things ideally need to be addressed on an individual basis, in as comprehensive a way as possible.

All said & done, I do feel that things go full circle, that everything considered it is severe mental illness (delusions & hallucinations), & the best way so far of addressing it all is probably a neuroleptic drug.

Hi

Since around March/April I have been getting these weird sensations. I keep hearing different voices in my head and then it's like my whole body is being taken over. When it forst happened it was The Devil inside me. I accepted his presence and even the fact that he would kill me at the end, until I saw a vision of myself hanging from the staircase. Since then I've had others taking over my whole body. I completely lose control and accept they will kill me.

Not sure what's happening to me at the moment and have started to SH because of this. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Can you help me please?

F

Fragile

Leaving aside all the ridiculous claims & notions about what 'mental illness' is, & that 1 in 4, or half of all people are suffering with it, or all the other nonsense that so many people supposedly have 'it'.
It's 1 in 3 now apparently. It really is.

All said & done, I do feel that things go full circle, that everything considered it is severe mental illness (delusions & hallucinations), & the best way so far of addressing it all is probably a neuroleptic drug.
I think I agree. The only way I have of really managing myself at times of real need are anti-psychotic and sedative drugs.

I had some very powerful voices 18 months or so ago now - I remember that vividly. I'm all for open-dialogue, but the experiences made very little sense and they were disturbing, too disturbing for dialogue. Dialogue wouldn't have been a good idea. They almost went away over-night (well, a few days perhaps) after starting Olanzapine. In those sorts of situations, I can't imagine anything better than a powerful anti-psychotic.

For me, personally, the problems would start if I were to medicate for other aspects of normal life (relatively normal mood swings, attentional problems, moderate depression). For this reason, I take a stabilising medication, and I take an anti-psychotic only during difficult periods.

Hearing voices for me has usually been a periodic thing. I'm fortunate in that respect. There will be some people who have to take an anti-psychotic continually long term and can't function without it. (Whether that is through dependency or root cause is difficult to determine). Regardless, 'everything considered', as you say, I think an anti-psychotic for some people is absolutely the best and only option.

mami5

mami5

Hi

Thanks for all the advise so far. Did tell the Dr about what was going on. Went to A&E to seek help from MHT. The assessed me at the time and sent me home. The next day the police were called to take me to the psych unit to be assessed again. Was put on quetiapine. It helped at the time but since then I've had aliens, zombies and a couple of weeks ago lost souls of the living dead take control of my body. I get help from an OT from CMHT and he says it's caused by severe stress!! I don't know. It's very scary. Last week went back to psych unit to be assessed again and they doubled my dose of quetiapine.