Has anyone been taken off meds?

W

whatfreshhelliisthis

For symptoms of increased suicidal thoughts and self harm?
I was on 20mg of citalopram for two weeks which I thought were working well till I had a breakdown in the laundry room. I have been referred to a psychiatrist and mental health team. Anyone else with experience in this?

aleshadxcherylc

aleshadxcherylc

Hi whatfreshhelliisthis
Welcome to the foroum well done for posting.
Sorry i cant advise you but im sure there will be somoone on here soon who can help and support you.
I am currently on citolopram the highest dose.
Glad you have been referred to the mental health team did they say when your psyhiatrist appointment would be available i hope its soon so you can get the support you need.
Please dont harm or think of suicide ring or email the samritians if you are in despair they will be there to listen and support you as well as the people on here will be too try and distract yourself i know easier said than done i know!.
take care keep strong and keep talking
katie
xx

V

Violets

Hmmmmm this worries me, i dont want to be taken off my prozac because it has helped alot with debilitating anxiety but has made me SH. Also i have made some reckless decisions on it as it has sent me high but i dont want to be left anxious and depressed again.

W

whatfreshhelliisthis

Thanks Katie.
Since yesterday my psychiatrist has referred me to a mental health team and I now see a MH nurse daily while I come off the meds. I have a MH assessment on Monday (I have no idea what will happen) and a meet with my psychiatrist on Wednesday. I think both will decide some new medication for me. I've been using Samaritans and the pager number they gave me which I used after I SH yesterday. Since then support and alarm has heightened around me so I'm on 24 hour surveillance by my boyfriend , for good reason I think. I've been distracting myself with tv and reading for now.
Thanks for your support and replying so quickly!

W

whatfreshhelliisthis

Hey Violets
Feeling nervous as anxious but I feel less like some other part of my brain is taking me over and giving me compulsive feelings to SH. Its different for everyone though, stay safe x

aleshadxcherylc

aleshadxcherylc

So glad they have referred you to a mental health team hope the assessment goes well tomorrow remember to be as open and as hoenst with them as possible to get the help and support you need.
Hope they can put you on th eright support and medciation soon and you can start to feel better remember its going to take time it will be tough but stick with it all and it will all work out i promise.
Im so glad you have a supportive boyfriend
Well done for using the samritians keep using them if and when you need too
Katie
xx