• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Has anyone been diagnosed with BPD and bipolar??

H

HayleyZoe

Hello, have been given provisional diagnosis of BPD and bipolar just wanted to no if anyone on here has this combination and what life feels like to them....see if I can relate????? Thank you :)

C

Celtic Class

Who gave you your diagnosis? It is a little unusual but I guess it is possible. What category of BPD?

H

HayleyZoe

I dont no they just said bordaline personality disorder....and bipolar 2, psychiatrist and occupational therapist

C

Celtic Class

Well you need to know there are a number of categories of BPD. Emotionally unstable? It sounds to me like your Doctors are unsure.

S

Steve17

Hi
I received an inconclusive diagnosis.....definitely bipolar.....possibly BPD. My feelings are that when I a, deeply depressed, like now, I wish I could tap into that manic "high" just to drag myself out of it. When I feel bad I impulsively/compulsively gamble, smoke pot or just buy something to feel better or escape. I mask my behaviour pretty wel although it is becoming more obvious to those very few that are close to me. Any of this sound familiar to you??

H

HayleyZoe

Very familiar experiences but its more during hypomania that I do my spending sprees and impulsive behaviour, drinking smoking weed etc. Have got myself into a lot of debt and drink alot make impulsive decions out of excitement and have racing ideas about my future career what im going to do etc Almost hyper like a child is to the point where it annoys others.

When am low feel all the usual symptoms of depression....but try and pick myself up by spending/treating myself but then feel guilty as I no im in so much debt and cant afford to live. Also I make impulsive decisions in agitation and am sensitive to what anyone sais when am low. Have tried to take my life twice when things got very low.