• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

has any one just stop taking there meds?

J

jekel1

last night i forgot to take my olanzapine and i feel fine , like not up nor down just normal . how long before the effects of the mmeds wear off? have you juts stopped taking them and if so what happened?

S

skyblue

last night i forgot to take my olanzapine and i feel fine , like not up nor down just normal . how long before the effects of the mmeds wear off? have you juts stopped taking them and if so what happened?
When I was taking Olanzapine, I used to sometimes forget taking them and luckily had no side effects. Also, when withdrawing from Olanzapine when being changed to another medication I had no withdrawal symptoms at all, I pretty much stopped taking them cold and I honestly felt no different, which was odd.

I now take Seroquel in place of Olanzapine as I wasn't happy with the weight gain, all seems to be going well.

You may already know by another post of mine, that I stopped taking a mood stabilizer, I can honestly say I feel so much better. Of course it's a huge risk to take though and you must try and be careful and know how the illness effects you and when to start making changes in going back on the medications if need be.

Last edited:
S

suzy

I stopped it once and became more nervous, only on 2.5mg on the aim to stop completly, been told I can stop again when I feel ready and feel I can cope

S

skyblue

I thought i'd add to Suzy's post. I was taking 20mg, then 10mg to nothing, it just goes to show how differently these medications can effect us individually.