• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Harm OCD

Jrick35

Jrick35

I suffer from harm OCD. It causes anxiety, shame, depression and fear. Some may know I've been battling them for months and while its gotten better, sometimes it come out of nowhere and puts me my edge. Not to commit the thought OCD is giving me but to be on alert....for nothing. I realize we suffer more in our imagination than in reality. Its not real. Its an illusion, one big false illusion that has kept me in depression. If anyone else suffers from this, please know its not real....ITS NOT REAL. You are not your thoughts.....you're better!

S

SecularChristian

I suffer from harm OCD. It causes anxiety, shame, depression and fear. Some may know I've been battling them for months and while its gotten better, sometimes it come out of nowhere and puts me my edge. Not to commit the thought OCD is giving me but to be on alert....for nothing. I realize we suffer more in our imagination than in reality. Its not real. Its an illusion, one big false illusion that has kept me in depression. If anyone else suffers from this, please know its not real....ITS NOT REAL. You are not your thoughts.....you're better!
Yeah I know the feels..

B

BlueWater

I know the feeling. I've added a beta blocker. It helps with how random and rapidly those types of thoughts occur for me. It calms physical anxiety and slows my mind and reactions down a bit.