• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hard to talk to people

• Thread starter Deleted member 90809
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 90809

I think I can be so talkative to my siblings and people Im really really comfortable with but with most people even though we're friends or I've known them for the longest time, I feel really shy, I always ask myself if they hate me or things like that. I shift from friend group to friend group because one small response or look would bother me so much into thinking that they hate me. It's so hard to build a relationship when Im too shy with people. I used to be confident, talkative and had many friends but now i get so embarrass so easily.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hiya im exactly the same-i actually say to my aunt 'please try not to have a facial expression when i talk to you'
because i read something into every little look and expression people give and i often get it wrong
i actually find it easier to talk on the phone and internet than in person

welcome to the forum x Lu x

JessisMe

JessisMe

What happened do you think that caused you to go from being confident to being shy and easily embarrassed?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Any people trying to live zero waste but it's hard when you can't even talk in public?! Social Anxiety Forum 1
C making friends is hard... Social Anxiety Forum 20
M It's hard to thing rationally when surrounded with people Social Anxiety Forum 1
E How can I make my partner understand how hard life is for me? Social Anxiety Forum 10
S So apparently I'm hard work Social Anxiety Forum 7
A Anybody caring for a adult child with SAD? Could really do with somebody to talk to in the same situ Social Anxiety Forum 4
J I talk over people unintentionally Social Anxiety Forum 4
T Can´t talk to anyone, not even my parents Social Anxiety Forum 3
AnxiousE I often talk too much (write too much). How do I know when it's ok and when it's not? Social Anxiety Forum 14
Sleepyfantasty Looking for someone to talk too Social Anxiety Forum 8
M I Hate to fake talk to people Social Anxiety Forum 2
Meowmix I'm alone all the time because I am too scared to talk to people Social Anxiety Forum 5
M Hi, in social situations I talk too much/ act the clown, & I desperately want to stop doing this. Any suggestions, please? :) Social Anxiety Forum 3
R Can't talk to people Social Anxiety Forum 21
P needing friends to talk to Social Anxiety Forum 2
A This is going to be long and I'm sorry for talking about the things that I'm going to talk about Social Anxiety Forum 2
G I feel guilty when people talk to me Social Anxiety Forum 3
M unable to talk in therapy Social Anxiety Forum 3
Hreod Making small talk Social Anxiety Forum 3