• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

happy when friends are gone again - normal, introvert or SAD?

• Thread starter dontknowwhattodowithoutyou
  • Start date
dontknowwhattodowithoutyou

dontknowwhattodowithoutyou

Hi! :)

This is something I've been wondering about for quite a while. I love my friends dearly. Yet, I rarely have moments where I'm thinking: Oh, I wish they could stay longer.
Instead, I usually am happy when I know they will be leaving again. It's not like I don't appreciate their company, I do a lot! I love them. But I also usually don't need to meet friends every day.
I had SAD in the past, I wouldn't say I still have it. Could this be a part of SAD? Or is it normal because I'm an introvert?

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thank you!

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
I can feel good when my friends leave, it’s just that I get drained being with friends. So when they leave I can relax again but I enjoy being with people. I just don’t need it all the time and I need time to recharge my batteries again until going out with friends. If I’m out with friends every day, I will feel totally drained and it will put a strain on my mental health instead.

So I think it’s normal for introverts ☺

jajingna

jajingna

It is normal if you're strongly introverted to need that time to yourself, though you enjoy company too.

N

Nina24

I feel like this a lot, not just with friends but with close family. Can start to wonder when they are going to bed as I want to be alone.

P

Purpleplum

Between normal, introvert or sad-- my vote on what you describe is an introvert.

Introvert's get drained of energy after socializing whereas an extrovert's energy increases when socializing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Social Anxiety Forum 5
G Social Anxiety Forum 12