• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Happy hallucinations

L

Lolalola123

Out of interest; does anyone else experience non violent and not scary visuals or auditory hallucinations?

one of the things that halted me getting any medical attention was when it started the majority of my visuals were animals and birds and it didn’t scare me, I thought I had a power and I didn’t even tell anyone for months and months what was happening.

Then a non scary auditory was music, never a real song just a constant beat. Didn’t bother me and I neverthought it was an issue for a long time until it tied in with horrible things and scary things that kept me up all night.

Zero One

Zero One

Yes when this started...well a little while after it started, I had a relationship with someone who I thought was a person being able to communicate with me in mind because of our secret society. I didn't like it at first because I was running off of a different model than that of the secret society in my mind but when I saw him in a dream, I cared about little else. At that time I was not seeing anyone that looked like him in person or otherwise with his style and he wasn't even my race (I am multiracial). He looked Italian American with long (shoulder length) black hair, so shiny and straight with so much body and bounce and he was slightly muscular and clean but not so overbearingly clean that it would cause intimidation (I have mental problems with taking baths....I often forget...but it is my family's culture to bathe at least once a day so I feel shame regarding this). Anyways the delusions were always in my interests and some that other people found weird and he understood them and it was not something to hide but something formal with him. The delusions later changed for the worse but it was enjoyable although abnormal for a time.

L

Lolalola123

Yes when this started...well a little while after it started, I had a relationship with someone who I thought was a person being able to communicate with me in mind because of our secret society. I didn't like it at first because I was running off of a different model than that of the secret society in my mind but when I saw him in a dream, I cared about little else. At that time I was not seeing anyone that looked like him in person or otherwise with his style and he wasn't even my race (I am multiracial). He looked Italian American with long (shoulder length) black hair, so shiny and straight with so much body and bounce and he was slightly muscular and clean but not so overbearingly clean that it would cause intimidation (I have mental problems with taking baths....I often forget...but it is my family's culture to bathe at least once a day so I feel shame regarding this). Anyways the delusions were always in my interests and some that other people found weird and he understood them and it was not something to hide but something formal with him. The delusions later changed for the worse but it was enjoyable although abnormal for a time.
Unrelated but the bathing part I relate to! I wash once a week if your lucky but it’s not shameful. I make sure I’m hygienic but i cannot find motivation to shower it’s something to work on but never shameful.!

Wow it’s interesting to hear other people’s hallucinations or delusions it’s all so different from my own

Zero One

Zero One

Yes it is crazy lol. I have had MANY hallucinations though so we may have some similar. Thank you for saying that regarding bathing. I never stink and always take care to brush my teeth, keep my hair well, and stay well dressed.

I

ink

I call them conversations not hallucinations, because I don't actually hear voices, I think them. They are generally benign but they are very distracting to the point where I can spend the day talking to them. Unfortunately I don't do anything else so its a problem. They are overall pretty positive though.

L

Lolalola123

I call them conversations not hallucinations, because I don't actually hear voices, I think them. They are generally benign but they are very distracting to the point where I can spend the day talking to them. Unfortunately I don't do anything else so its a problem. They are overall pretty positive though.
I always thought that was the voice in my head, I thought everyone had it but come to think on it we disagree on things :rofl2:

I

ink

I always thought that was the voice in my head, I thought everyone had it but come to think on it we disagree on things :rofl2:
No, for me they are pretty extensive conversations. Absolutely no audio or visual hallucinations. Delusions some. Very distracting though.

Finite

Finite

@Lolalola123 I have a full spectrum of visual and verbal experiences. Some are utterly terrifying, where as others can be intriguing at the least and fun at best. For me though the funny, cute or interesting stuff, tends to get overshadowed by the scary stuff. Also the stuff that's funny, tends to make me laugh out loud, which depending on the circumstances, can cause issues for the people around me. It's good to remember that it's not all bad though :)

L

Lolalola123

@Lolalola123 I have a full spectrum of visual and verbal experiences. Some are utterly terrifying, where as others can be intriguing at the least and fun at best. For me though the funny, cute or interesting stuff, tends to get overshadowed by the scary stuff. Also the stuff that's funny, tends to make me laugh out loud, which depending on the circumstances, can cause issues for the people around me. It's good to remember that it's not all bad though :)
Interesting u mention the ppl around you, I’ve never thought about it but the only hallucinations that’s ever made me react was when I thought beetles were crawling on me, bc I jumped up but then we just laughed about it after

L

Lolalola123

No, for me they are pretty extensive conversations. Absolutely no audio or visual hallucinations. Delusions some. Very distracting though.
I have thoughts where for example;

let’s buy a red apple
Ew greens better
Na red is more sweet
Well you’ve picked up the red one now you can’t exactly put it back now
Omg the store clerk just seen you do that

Not a real situation I’ve had but an example of how it can be like back and forth, that’s interesting - i genuinely thought that was normal Lol

I

ink

I have thoughts where for example;

let’s buy a red apple
Ew greens better
Na red is more sweet
Well you’ve picked up the red one now you can’t exactly put it back now
Omg the store clerk just seen you do that

Not a real situation I’ve had but an example of how it can be like back and forth, that’s interesting - i genuinely thought that was normal Lol
Yeah, I think that's pretty normal, kind of like talking to yourself. I have multiple people commenting and sometimes conversing among themselves. They have a different sound or are not just me. Also these conversations go on for hours sometimes.

S

SomeGirl15153

Out of interest; does anyone else experience non violent and not scary visuals or auditory hallucinations?

one of the things that halted me getting any medical attention was when it started the majority of my visuals were animals and birds and it didn’t scare me, I thought I had a power and I didn’t even tell anyone for months and months what was happening.

Then a non scary auditory was music, never a real song just a constant beat. Didn’t bother me and I neverthought it was an issue for a long time until it tied in with horrible things and scary things that kept me up all night.
All my auditory hallucinations are nonviolent, they’re just of people talking. Sometimes they make me laugh about stuff throughout my day, other times they distract me when I should be focused on an assignment for school and they irritate me because they shift my attention to something that brings up past traumatizing events. My main problem is when I’m reading sometimes they’ll start talking and I can’t understand what I’m reading.

I’ve never had visual hallucinations. Unless you count the times I misread things because It was one thing when I could have sworn I read another thing. That stuff scares me.

S

SomeGirl15153

Actually I have had visual hallucinations. Only 2 though. 1 when I was around 6 years old, I saw eyeballs on my bunk bed. Til this day I know I saw eyeballs.

Second was when I was around 15 and I saw a presidential costume mask from those Halloween stores hanging from my closet door. It looked like a president head hanging on my closet door. I screamed so loud for my dad I was so scared.

S

SugarMountain

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had period that were awful, but also small little details that were Positive and funny in hallucination ( but It revolved around something I cant deal with). So basically mine would be cute and funny if I was agreeing with them, and put them first. As if I cannot be in charge, If I Am they are aggressive.
With Positive stuff I found it funny, mostly ironic and dark humor sometimes.
But for me more scary, stupid, horror stuff than Positive.
imagine 'romantic horror' script.
Hahaha
I Am really happy when I hear there are Positive experiences with hallucination for some people ❤