• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Happy families

katya

katya

Getting really frustrated living at home. I'll be moving out in a week's time. My brother is 30 and is still living at my mum and dad's with his two kids - he's recently quit his job so he can get a council house and benefits so he could find a place with his own kids, but he's not been to the Job Centre, he hasn't done anything to do with the council and all he's doing at the moment is going out with his friends and leaving the kids with my mum without even asking. He's running up massive phone bills, which my mum pays for by direct debit, and is taking drugs all the time. It's been like this here for years, and my dad's got massive anger issues as well, so it's really hard. When I move out, I'm taking my mum with me.

SarahD

SarahD

Oh jruth I am sorry. You have been through a lot recently. I am glad you will be moving soon, hope it works out well. Sarah xxx

katya

katya

Oh jruth I am sorry. You have been through a lot recently. I am glad you will be moving soon, hope it works out well. Sarah xxx
Thanks - I can't wait!

Unique1

Unique1

Jruth, so glad to hear you are moving out.
I know when I moved out ,away from family it felt so nice, I didn't have the problems you have with the family I was living with although really and truly needed the space. It made such a massive difference to me.
You have been through such a lot and moving is always stressful, but it will be so worth it once you are in.
I really wish you well, you are such a help to people on this forum, thank you for your support to me on here.

New beginnings for you and I wish you all the very best..xx

katya

katya

Jruth, so glad to hear you are moving out.
I know when I moved out ,away from family it felt so nice, I didn't have the problems you have with the family I was living with although really and truly needed the space. It made such a massive difference to me.
You have been through such a lot and moving is always stressful, but it will be so worth it once you are in.
I really wish you well, you are such a help to people on this forum, thank you for your support to me on here.

New beginnings for you and I wish you all the very best..xx
That's so lovely, Unique1; thank you. You've been a massive help to me too. :hug:

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm so sad that you are having such a bad time jruth, you really deserve a safe place where you can feel safe. Hope you get that when you move xx

katya

katya

I'm so sad that you are having such a bad time jruth, you really deserve a safe place where you can feel safe. Hope you get that when you move xx
Thank you. I'll be fine; it's only temporary. This whole thing will finally be over with once I have my own place, and I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. :)

katya

katya

Now he's complaining that he has to feed his own kids. I'm really losing my fucking rag.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's so frustrating to see an older sibling act like a child in your parent's home. I totally understand. :hug1:

Just keep reminding yourself that this is indeed only temporary and whist it's not nice to have to endure, this isn't how things are going to be for you.
You will, eventually, get your own place and be able to finally have some peace. xx