• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Happiness

C

Chumfo34

I want a life that brings me the most happiness. I know what it is in my mind. Roughly. For many years I didn’t think it mattered anymore because the worlds going to end someday right. So why even go for my goals why even bother right? The fact of the matter is my mind still wants these things. And it’s these things that are going to help us we’re going to get better. We have to at least do what we can and what we think is best for ourselves to make ourselves happy. I had a vision once for what I wanted and it was just a simple life with simple things and a happy wife. It wasn’t a life full of guilt shame remorse and sadness for all the pain that people are enduring and animals and nature. It was this gift that I was giving myself this clear vision of what I wanted as a basic foundation In order to funnel in the rest of my happinesses which are smiley people, flittery musics, waggin tails and yummy foods. I can see the contented and happy loving look in my wife’s eye as our children run around our feet in our cabin in the mountains.

P

Player1514

I did remember the feeling of why even do anything when I am just gonna die one day too. I was very much into physics and learned so much about from a very upper level that, I just started feeling so insignificant that I just stopped caring about anything. But when the feeling lasted for so long that I didn't die, I realized that I had to do something about it. Then I tried to do it and failed. Now I am still don't have the things that I want. I am very much not happy. I don't see myself as happy in the future too, but I am still working towards it, in the pace that I want. I think because now you know what you want, just try and work towards them in the best way you can, you can get other people's help and other stuff, but it doesn't really matter. You'll get what you get, then you'll be at the same level of happiness, as you are right now, unless you're broke like me. then when you earn more money you'll be happier, but then after a point you'll also get used to that. So what it always comes to when you're talking about happiness is gratitude, when you think about it, it makes you think of the things you've done right or someone else has done right to make you where you are and it makes you happy. And of course the way to be more happy/have gratitude in more moments in your life is to do meditation. you don't have to be a monk or anything but what you do have to do, is to feel the moments in it true essence of what they mean, and other stuff, then you'll be happier than you are.

I don't do any of this because I am very lazy and stuff but I do know that if you are serious about getting your self happier you should meditate. it is good. it is very cliché but it is cliché for a very good reason to say the least.

C

Chumfo34

Yeah when you’re happy you are grateful so just force yourself to be grateful

C

Chumfo34

Yeah I put an alarm on my phone to meditate in the morning

P

Player1514

I really fell at peace out in the woods this summer
me too. this is why it feels really hard to feel better in the winter, because your room or house cal feel like a prison that you just can't leave at all. This is why as soon as summer arrives I try to go out as much as possible.

C

Chumfo34

Well. Do something fun I guess. There’s more to do than count the bricks in jail.