• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hallucinations

thing fish

thing fish

have you ever hallucinated?
about 8 months ago i was off my meds. let me tell you that things got bad. i hallusinated for about 3 days.
i hallucinated that i had a knife fight with my father. mind you my father is dead.
i hallusinated that my stepfather had died and i was helping my mother get the life insurance in order.
i hallucinated that we had people living in our garage.
i could see images on a blank wall.

it was totally crazy. of course i got put on the hospital and back on meds and have not had any hallucinations since. just wondering if any of you have experienced anything like that

T

TOONAFISH

i had hallucinations that there was a picture on my wall that was the window to another universe. also had a hallucination that my kids were walking corpses and other people were zombies. that pictures had moving eyes and were trying to communicate with me. sounds totally made when you write it sdown

your hallucinations sound bigger and longer

thing fish

thing fish

man it's the craziest thing that ever happened to me.
i couldn't figure out how to get out of my room at one point. i hallucinated that clint eastwood called me on the phone to tell me that my dog was loose.
my mother said she came to visit me in the hospital but i didn't know who she was. i don't remember that though

T

TOONAFISH

what a shame! i told everyone that my hubby never visited me in hospital but he had been every nite to see me. dont remember seeing him. it bizzare how it work eh. how are you feeling at the moment.

thing fish

thing fish

i'm actually feeling pretty well right now. i would call it stable. sleeping ok.
new meds seem to be working for me.
i'm sure it will change though. it always does

K

Katie84

I hallucinated loads during my up times, i could see and hear people no body else could, i kept being followed by a black dog, i could see rabbits and other animals in my house, i "felt" a child touch me and wanted to play tig which i heard her so clearly like she was next to me, i heard mobile phones, people talking, men talking to me, when i am down i heard someone telling me to hurt myself, hurt other people, shout at me, make me cry.

This went on for months, crisis team came out and said i was fine!! each day the hallucinations got worse, they are under control now i am on medication, but living with it for months was horrible, i still hear things but not as often its usually mobile phones i can hear, i have not seen anything for about 4 weeks but still expect things to be there and feels funny that they arent.

F

flamehairedlunatic

I hallucinate quite a lot. Mainly seeing things (like spiders and bugs) or hearing voices/music. I'm on anti-psychotics which calms things down a bit but I still get them.

I mainly hallucinate when I am down. The worst I've ever had was when I was in hospital and was convinced people were talking to me through the fan heater. Then I saw frogs climbing up the walls and over my bed.

Scary times.
:unsure: