Hallucinations

K

Kdanna

Does anybody else have hallucinations while watching TV? Twice yesterday faces distorted while I was watching two different TV shows, and when I rewound it I didn't see it. The actors where laying down on both shows one dead and one passed out.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

Not often, but I have had something similar before. I was aware at the time that it was a hallucination, though. Did you find it disturbing?

K

Kdanna

Yes I found it disturbing I'm at the beginning of my sickness and things I'm seeing and hearing are becoming more and more often.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

I'm in my fifties, so I've had a long time to get used to it - it does get easier. These days, it's more of an irritant than anything else.

K

Kdanna

I'm 51 and have just been diagnosed so it's all disturbing it still rwally affects me and is controlling things in my life.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

Sorry you are struggling. Mine started in my teens, and it does get easier to differentiate between what's real and what's not. Are you taking any medication to help you? I don't use anything any more

K

Kdanna

I'm on meds but not sure if it's the correct ones. So do you acknowledge your hallucinations or ignore them?

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

I acknowledge that I am hallucinating, rather than responding directly to whatever I am seeing or hearing, if that makes sense? Attitude wise, I try to keep it to a tut or a shrug, and not make a big deal of it. It's just my quirky brain at work, not a real life catastrophe....

K

Kdanna

I'd like to be in charge when it happens, but I had a male voice behind me say HEY and if I would of turned around saw something I would of lost it.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

The main voice I get these days is also male, but he rarely talks to me directly. Instead, he carries out a slightly mocking commentary on whatever I am doing or thinking at the time. He evidently thinks I'm a "silly girl"! This happens less frequently now though.

There is a school of thought that says you maybe should engage with your voices. I used to do it halfheartedly, but never found that it helped.

Have you tried the Hearing Voices Network? I used to go to one of their groups and found it very helpful.

K

Kdanna

I hear mostly hey, what, here, my name, and someone yelling for me from the top of the stairs. All the voices are different evil,male, half word people. The worst one was someone saying hey behind me while I was trying to fall sleep. The visual hallucinations aren't as many. Thanks I will check out the website.