• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hallo

V

Von

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so I thought I should introduce myself.

I'm the mother of teenage boy who had drug-induced psychosis, but who has been "clean" for 2.5 years now. He came off his medication in October 2008 but has recently he's told me that paranoia is setting in again. We see his psychiatrist in a couple of weeks.

I've discovered through a different forum (for dementia, which I joined due to my mother suffering with Alzheimer's Disease) just how supportive and helpful these forums can be.

Additionally, with my son worrying when in the house on his own, it means I'm pretty much tied to the house in the evenings (I'm a widow so have no one else to help), so I find online support the most appropriate medium.

Thanks, and look forward to meeting you all

Von

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Von,

Welcome to the forum and it's good to have you here. I can imagine how isolating it can be, it's not great at the best of times, so I hope that you find the forum both a support and a help. There's a really good bunch of people here who I'm sure you'll get to know quickly.

Take care,
Honey, xx

V

Von

Thanks Honey and Simon, it's nice to be welcomed on board.

Simon...your tagline is one of my favourite quotes!

Thanks both xx

SimonB

SimonB

You like my chosen words of wisdom......cool:clap:, I think Gandalf is a very wise wizard;)

Seriously, hope your ok...sounds like you've had a tough time keeping the family together and functional...:(