• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hallo!

M

MIA

I have posted a bit about my history here

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/showthread.php?p=141609#post141609

in the introductions bit. Theres a lot more to it than that, but thats the condensed version. Im currently waiting on a CPN, having been told by my GP he is referring me about 2 weeks ago. I told him Im not at crisis point but I have a daughter now and dont want to get to that point.

Id phone and chase it up but my partner thinks I just need to sort of pull my socks up ,lol. I know its more than that but he doesnt understand I dont think, and I dont talk to him about my day to day mood. Like when I get racing thoughts or notice Im talking a lot and sort of getting on a roll I just make myself sit down and shut up (and my mind just runs off with itself).

The thing that worries me is that I know I dont fit into typical bipolar status, and will always tell it how it is when speaking to a professional, probably actually say less than what I should, but I just know something isn't right?

Its not normal for someone to take £100 and move from Somerset to Exeter within 3 days of deciding to do so is it? WIthout a job or a house? And then to Surrey, and then to Southampton, and then back to Manchester?

And also its not normal if 99% of friends you have stop talking to you and tell you its because your too much. "Too much". This coming from students who were enjoying going out with me at first, and enjoying my open attitude. Its also not normal to haev complaints made about you at work because you are too explicit with your descriptions of the night before and the guy you slept with, is it?

I mean, Ive spoken to friends about this since, and some have said it could have just been me trying to make friends or another reason for my behaviour, but it lasted months and I wasnt in control of myself. Now Im (relatively) normal, Im scared of going back there, but I also think, maybe its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, as in if you think it , it will happen?

:eek:

Anyone advise me on how long it should take to get a CPN? I have a feeling my GP was fobbing me off. :mad:

M

MIA

Oh and if Im in the wrong section let me know xx

M

MIA

What a pitiful self indulgent post that was! haha.

S

suki1066

hi mia, lol no its not a self indulgant post, you are aware of your behavour and that others concidered it inapropriate, and you know in your own mind it was
My dd was diagnosed last Aug and has been through a tough time, by way of acceping, meds and realisation including drink n drugs. she said today she feels reborn and she looks great.
I hope that you are able to relay all that you have been experiencing to the Dr, that way they are able to help you better.
keep at it as it will be a rollacoaster of a ride, and you have to do your bit too. But balance is achievable, acceptance and understanding are needed and educating your self as much as possible will all aid your recovery.
best of luck and keep posting x

M

MIA

Just a quick update on me, I went to see my GP who had prescribed me citalopram, I took only one tablet and 4 hours later my partner had to tell me to calm down. I was erratic, talking lots, not really listening, hyperactive, sexually aggressive, all within the space of 4 hours!

So I have been back to report the reaction and have been prescribed fluoxetine, Im now on my second day of taking them and haven't gone off on one as of yet! I cant describe how pleased I am about that. Thanks for your advice

MIA x