• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Haldol

B

Baran

I am suffering from schizophrenia almost 10 years. From this forum I learnt lot. From Tvgirl I had same delusions. Now I am using haldol. How long do I need to this tablet???

I

itsmeagain

Dr will expect that you remain on tablets for life.

M

Mourning_Dove

I'm on Haldol as it is the only antipsychotic that works for me. It's best to continue taking it for the rest of your life.

S

skbhagwan

I'm on Haldol as it is the only antipsychotic that works for me. It's best to continue taking it for the rest of your life.
My wife is on Zyprexa and there is no improvement with it and the Doctors have recommended to change it to Haldol. Could you please let me know the side effects of Haldol ? I believe Haldol belongs to older generation of anti-psychotics compared to Zyprexa.

L

lifecangetbetter

My wife is on Zyprexa and there is no improvement with it and the Doctors have recommended to change it to Haldol. Could you please let me know the side effects of Haldol ? I believe Haldol belongs to older generation of anti-psychotics compared to Zyprexa.
They should try clozapine before haldol

Zero One

Zero One

I was taken off haldol because I was still too psychotic, then they tried risperidone, Geodon and I am now on 2 antipsychotics: aripiprazole and quetiapine.

A

AAGille93

I’m on haldol and it’s so far alongside my olanzapine helped no end. I’m on depot. Not tablets. Ive been told I’ll be on it for the rest of my life..

O

On Fire

I’m on haldol and it’s so far alongside my olanzapine helped no end. I’m on depot. Not tablets. Ive been told I’ll be on it for the rest of my life..
Are you still in hospital? Any sign of getting out?
All the best.

R

Rhino187

Are you taking the maximum dosage of olanzapine? I have found 20mg of olanzapine to be a life saver

A

AAGille93

Are you still in hospital? Any sign of getting out?
All the best.
Hey yes still in, erm not yet apparently I still am unwell just not as unwell as I was. Thanks for asking x

A

AAGille93

Are you taking the maximum dosage of olanzapine? I have found 20mg of olanzapine to be a life saver
No I’m on 10mg with 5mg prn so I take 15mg most days