Had the ADOS this morning

F

firemonkee57

Well that’s that done! Part of it was being asked questions. I was completed flummoxed by being asked what things like angry and sad were like . The puzzle with blocks you have to put together was ridiculously easy, even for someone like me with a spatial IQ very probably in the borderline functioning range. I gave quite matter of fact replies to what was going on in the picture book,didn’t embellish . I was explaining factually. The 5 objects task was hard. She choose 5 objects and told a story first. I then had to choose 5 from the remaining objects. It didn’t help that I didn’t like the remaining objects . My story was very basic.
I was given a choice of explaining how to brush my teeth or how to make tea or coffee. I chose the latter. I had to stand up for that one. I felt such a twat as I got the steps in the wrong order several times. At home I just do it,but having to show the process- eek!!

There wasn’t much feedback other than her saying my eye contact wasn’t that good. She’d noticed one eye was different(goes inward) which was news to me. Was told I may or may not have to be seen again.

She explained that a diagnosis couldn’t be made just from it, but is used as an additional tool to help decide things.

ADOS- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule - Wikipedia

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Well done for going and getting through it.(y)

It doesn't sound very clear as to what's going to happen next though? I suppose they'll look at how you did today and go from there.

F

firemonkee57

I'm not sure what to think.