• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Had enough of feeling bad.

A

autumn11

Hi all

I guess I'm just writing to vent my frustrations about my life. Everything I try just seems to mess up and not go anywhere, I keep trying new things and I find that I don't like any of them. I've just had enough of people leaving me, feeling bad about myself, not having any goals and not having any motivation.

I used to just be upset about this. Now I just feel anger. I never thought I was an angry person.. but here I am. I'm angry at myself more than anything, but I don't know why. Maybe cause I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, powerless, useless and isolated.

I keep trying and trying to do positive things that I think will be constructive and beneficial, but everything I do just feels like I'm wasting time before I die. I've just had enough.

And I feel guilty about feeling like this, because someone I know is really sick and probably has way more reason to feel bad than I do, but I can't help it.

I've seen a psychologist recently, but she seemed to just want to talk about issues. It's partly about issues for me, but it's more just a feeling of melancholy and self-hatred that seems to come and go every few days.

Last edited:
unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Have you only seen the pyschologist once? It can take a few sessions of just background stuff before they get into the nitty gritty of it all. A lot of people find therapy very helpful but you've really just got to give it a chance and give it time to work.

A

autumn11

yeah I went for a few sessions over the course of a few weeks. We pretty much talked about some issues I was having at the time, and I guess we just talked about them until there wasn't much left for me to say. I guess it comes down to that someone else can't make life meaningful for you.

A

autumn11

thanks for the reply though..

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
No probs even though I wasn't any help!! I think we all sometimes have general feelings of malaise and meloncholy at some time - mines has been on and off for 10 years!! Its difficult to know what you want to do and what will make you feel better, guess you'll just have to keep trying the new things, I'm sure if you stick at it something will come up!!

A

autumn11

you were help.. just knowing someone cares enough to take time from their own life to give me advice. thanks

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Your very welcome!! I've not got much of a life so its easy to take time out!! Hope you feel better soon hun:flowers:

J

jamesdean

Hi all

I guess I'm just writing to vent my frustrations about my life. Everything I try just seems to mess up and not go anywhere, I keep trying new things and I find that I don't like any of them. I've just had enough of people leaving me, feeling bad about myself, not having any goals and not having any motivation.

I used to just be upset about this. Now I just feel anger. I never thought I was an angry person.. but here I am. I'm angry at myself more than anything, but I don't know why. Maybe cause I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, powerless, useless and isolated.

I keep trying and trying to do positive things that I think will be constructive and beneficial, but everything I do just feels like I'm wasting time before I die. I've just had enough.

And I feel guilty about feeling like this, because someone I know is really sick and probably has way more reason to feel bad than I do, but I can't help it.

I've seen a psychologist recently, but she seemed to just want to talk about issues. It's partly about issues for me, but it's more just a feeling of melancholy and self-hatred that seems to come and go every few days.
Hi you are not alone and you should never deem somone more ill than yourself illness of the mind is equally not very nice to have to deal and very difficult to understand there are people here that keep trying to get well like myself that just continually get knocked back all the time keep posting you have found a very supportive site best wishes
Frank

A

autumn11

thanks very much.. I don't even know if I have "depression", I just know I don't feel well, and haven't for quite a well. It comes and goes though, I don't always feel bad. Normally being around others gives me some respite, but at the moment I don't want to be around anyone. Not that I have much choice actually! My three best friends have all moved overseas, and I'm the kind of person who has a very small friendship group.

I will stick around here though and learn from what you guys are going through, some support would be nice to get and give.

A

autumn11

maybe one of you can offer some advice.. I feel really guilty. I feel like I'm wasting my life being upset and unhappy, my girlfriend who just broke up with me to move overseas told me she was hurt to see me upset and unhappy with my life, and that I would wake up in 10 years in the same position if I didn't do something about it. I feel like I am wasting my life, and the thought of waking up in 10 years not having done anything with it scares me more than anything. Everything I try though doesn't seem to work out. I apply for jobs that I don't get, I am trying a new course this year I don't like after doing a job last year I didn't like either. Maybe I just don't have enough "drive", and that really upsets me and makes me feel guilty. Anyone got any experiences with this or any advice?
thanks.

Q

quality factor

maybe one of you can offer some advice.. I feel really guilty. I feel like I'm wasting my life being upset and unhappy, my girlfriend who just broke up with me to move overseas told me she was hurt to see me upset and unhappy with my life, and that I would wake up in 10 years in the same position if I didn't do something about it. I feel like I am wasting my life, and the thought of waking up in 10 years not having done anything with it scares me more than anything. Everything I try though doesn't seem to work out. I apply for jobs that I don't get, I am trying a new course this year I don't like after doing a job last year I didn't like either. Maybe I just don't have enough "drive", and that really upsets me and makes me feel guilty. Anyone got any experiences with this or any advice?
thanks.
Hi there,
When you're feeling low ,drive and motivation are very hard to attain. After nearly forty years of mental illness, I still have to try continually to keep on going.I try to choose things that I feel will be fairly successful, so I dont suffer continual knockbacks..it may only be something like going to Tai Chi and enjoying it.
Try not to aim too high when you're feeling bad, give yourself a chance to have positive thoughts by attempting small tasks first and build them up.
I have to continually evaluate why I'm here and do I want to be here...very often the answer is 'no', life can be a struggle. I make myself think about what I would do to family and friends if I decided to self-destruct. very often it brings me to my senses and I continue the struggle. It's not all bad, even the most depressed of people, with help and support can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps you need to seek out some support from your GP to see if that will help...it may take time, but if you can get back on track then it will be worth it.
QF.

J

jamesdean

thanks.
When I was 30 n not long after my breakdown this nasty little queen said that I would be in my depressive stae for a very long time though I didnt like whot he said its been true though looking back is easier than looking forward having not worked for almost 20 years I do feel now a whole chunk has gone now so I'm n oy so frightned by the future, has qf says try n ot to aim to high and the thing is and its kinds quite starnge but even in the most sevre depression thre are things you can get involved in though your head might not be in a good place.
Hope this helps best wishes Frank

A

autumn11

Thanks for the advice guys.. I think that I definitely think it's all too much and don't even start on doing little stuff, so that might be a good way to go. I'll start by cleaning my room, and take it from there! (actually that's a pretty big task at the moment :) )

J

jamesdean

Good luck I'm glad we have helped I wish sometimes I could take my own advice though I think I might be laerning though I went on a mad one n applied for a jobb on friday because I was quite high, I dont need a jobe because I already tell everyone that I'm a psyciatric nurse even give them my banding, though I meet someone saturday that sid he was bipolar n that he was a nurse, perhaps mirror image, It did make mw wonder about myself I actually told him the truth, I'm not at all embarresed about my conditions

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hope your room tidying went well - it realy is a good idea to keep things very low key to start off with but hopefully things that you can take some pleasure from having achieved - hoovering a room is quite a good one for me because I can then just sit back and look at a clean floor. Remember there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are all here to support you. Are you on any meds and is your gp involved? I'm on a whole bunch of stuff and I'm guessing that it's having an effect and helping me to do those things that occasionally do make me feel good about myself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 2
E Depression Forum 14
ParxSP Depression Forum 29
C Depression Forum 4
L Depression Forum 10