• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

had ears syringed

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
since i had my ears syringed yesterday i can't get away from my neighbours tv booming out, it's driving me mad don't know if it counts as voices, i'm not sure

just put on music to drown it out xmas music and i;m trying to ignore xmas

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

sorry your neighbours are inconsiderate

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
put in ear plugs george orwell the writer of 1984 also wrote down and out in london and paris, convinced it was in some sally army doss house he got the idea of that tv with the authoritarian big brother voice blaring out everwhere

Wish my neighbour had the insight to realise she needs a hearing aid to treat been deaf, pity the mental health team can't do anything

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's really too bad about your neighbour's tv being so loud. Unwanted noise can really take its toll on a person's mental health. I know just how frustrating that can be, because before I moved to BC I could hear the tv of the caretakers of my building. They lived below me, and it literally drove me insane. Now I don't have noisy neighbours, but there is a high school football field behind my apartment, and when there is a big game there is loud music, loud horns, and people cheering.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i can't really complain her fathers in hospital after a heart attack and her mothers in hospital after trying to help she says she'll wait to she goes up at xmas, if the tvs distracting her the last thing she needs is me complaining

And when she disapears this been the sally army i'll learn about real problem neighbours

L

lovagemuffin

I was really ill once and I kep saying over and over again I want to be deaf I want to be deaf but my sister pointed out that even if I was I could still hear the voices cause theyre in my head.
my boyfriend got a cotton bud stick in his ear and we had to go to a and e the nurse said it happens all the time and you should seringe never cotton bud don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.

L

lovagemuffin

by the way rmbo your a very considerate neighbour not many like you tc

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm not considerate it's just if i complain to the housing asssoc they'll say it's my illness making me make more of it than it warrants

Gajolene

Gajolene

Not necessarily, could be other neighbours have already complained, my mum and dad both had hearing problems in their last years, you could hear they're tv, several blocks away. I finally convinced them to get a closed caption tv in the end couple years.
Our neighbour here is mainly deaf, when her windows open you can here her TV clear as a bell. It's a problem for JS and it triggers his nasty voices when he hears it. So now he refuses to open his window. I have to air out his room on the rare times he goes downstairs or goes out now.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it is likely the housing assoc would put down me complaining to my illlness, this is a convered terrace housing, as the housing dept guy said they're not designed for multiple occupancy, the other neighbours are in what were designed to be seperate housing

I could speak to her, i made her a stew today but there is the issue of her parents in hospital maybe i should understand thats why it's so bad, she'll be going around xmas

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Had a neighbour always complaining about the slightest noise. Went on for years. Then he had his fireplace knocked out on his side of the shared chimney. Now we could hear one another chewing our food. People are strange.

D

Deliah

Hope the noise has stopped for you. I suffered for some years with extreme sound sensitivity. It can be very difficult and wearing to have noise about you which you can do nothing about. Earplugs are really the only option in that situation, as like you say, you won't complain. Wishing you well. D xx