• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Had an attack

R

Reecandoit

Had a panic attack this morning because I woke up coughing and I was scared it was the virus. The cough was gone for about 3 hours now every few minutes I feel a tickle in the back of my throat. All my CBT and coping mechanisms went out the window and now I’m on edge. I hate this.

Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this right now. I don't know what caused the coughing, but maybe you had to drink some water or tea? I always drink chamomile tea with honey when I feel bad (I think this also helps anxiety too). I hope you feel better soon.

R

Reecandoit

Thank you. I am drinking some green tea now and had some cbd oil and also popped a cbd gummy lol. I feel a little better but still on edge. I get so disappointed in myself when I have an attack, like I feel like I failed at everything I learned to manage them :unsure:

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
Please don’t be disappointed with yourself. I’m a mental healthcare professional in the US but I don’t think i’m so good at using all the skills for myself...I taught therapists/counselors and clients those skills. Hope Cbd oil
will calm you down.

R

Reecandoit

Thank you. I wish there was a “cure” for this. It takes so much energy and work to remain mindful. I need a break.

Catty5

Catty5

Thank you. I wish there was a “cure” for this. It takes so much energy and work to remain mindful. I need a break.
I know... but you’re sensitive to environment. Please be careful if you drink green tea since some of them contain lots of caffeine. Caffeine is one of the worst enemies when people suffer either panic or anxiety attack.

R

Reecandoit

It is decaf, I totally agree with you so I stay away from caffeine as much as possible.

I haven’t coughed in a bit but still have the feeling in my throat that I need to ugh. But I do feel calmer I think my cbd has kicked in.

Catty5

Catty5

It is decaf, I totally agree with you so I stay away from caffeine as much as possible.

I haven’t coughed in a bit but still have the feeling in my throat that I need to ugh. But I do feel calmer I think my cbd has kicked in.
It sounds good cbd has kicked in.
I cough and sneeze since i have “allergy”. Do yo have any throat candy? Or you can drink your tea with a bit of honey.
Unless you have a fever, you don’t need to worry about your condition so much.
I feel your anxiety.

R

Reecandoit

Thanks so much. Good idea I’ll have another cup and add honey.

I definitely feel calmer but the thoughts are still there running rampant in my head. But you’re right, I feel fine otherwise so I will try to keep that in mind and not worry.

Catty5

Catty5

Thanks so much. Good idea I’ll have another cup and add honey.

I definitely feel calmer but the thoughts are still there running rampant in my head. But you’re right, I feel fine otherwise so I will try to keep that in mind and not worry.
It sounds good to know you’re a calmer now. Anxiety is transient, comes and goes. You can eat something too. Empty stomach isn’t good.

R

Reecandoit

I have no appetite but I know I should eat. Maybe I’ll try later but right now stomach feels too weak lol