• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Had a dream where I couldn't stop crying

• Thread starter strawberrywater
  • Start date
S

strawberrywater

Good morning all. I hope you are having a good day so far. I just woke up from a vivid and intense dream where I couldn't stop crying.

In it, I felt like no one would listen to me (my family) and no matter how much I cried and screamed, they wouldn't understand - they were the reason I feel like that.

I just woke up and spent ten minutes crying very hard, because the dream felt so real. It also caused me extra sadness because it was obviously reflective of my real life and the extreme frustration I feel inside.

I grew up with an emotionally unavailable mom who I still live with. She abuses methadone and it makes her extremely hyper and she runs around like crazy, mostly pounding her feet - all day long. Right now as we speak. It wakes me up and I end up with a bad headache all day. I have so many headaches that I thought maybe it was a bigger issue - but my doctor checked and I'm ok. However my consistent use of ibuprofen (I don't take more than directed) has caused some issues with my sensitive stomach.

She is why I can't work at home, so I don't work right now because I am scared of going someplace and getting sick. Weird how I usually don't mind if I die any other time, but I'm scared of this. I guess I don't want to suffer if there's a chance.

I've tried talking to her about it but she ignores me. She scoffs and says that I'm the one with the problem and "Isn't there a second in the day when you're not miserable?" I feel like I'm fighting with a brick wall - she will not hear me, not even for 1 lousy second. This is why I have these dreams.

I woke up, fixed my coffee, had this interaction with my mom, and sat at my computer crying/sobbing because of that and the dream. I was crying at myself crying - like, I made myself sad.

It's so hard to live like this. I love my mom but sometimes I want peace to be able to work at home soon and just relax. I spent some of my savings on an extra monitor for my computer and keep applying for WFH jobs, but I know it's ridiculous when I don't live in an even semi-peaceful environment (our apartment is tiny).

Mainly I'd like to see if anyone else has had vivid crying dreams like this before? Ones linked to real life frustrations and constant battle with depression? Thank u xo

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I have a very difficult time trying to cry, so I guess that's why I don't have vivid crying dreams. I wish I could cry, though, but I guess that's because I'm emotionally numb.

I

Itida

Good morning all. I hope you are having a good day so far. I just woke up from a vivid and intense dream where I couldn't stop crying.

In it, I felt like no one would listen to me (my family) and no matter how much I cried and screamed, they wouldn't understand - they were the reason I feel like that.

I just woke up and spent ten minutes crying very hard, because the dream felt so real. It also caused me extra sadness because it was obviously reflective of my real life and the extreme frustration I feel inside.

I grew up with an emotionally unavailable mom who I still live with. She abuses methadone and it makes her extremely hyper and she runs around like crazy, mostly pounding her feet - all day long. Right now as we speak. It wakes me up and I end up with a bad headache all day. I have so many headaches that I thought maybe it was a bigger issue - but my doctor checked and I'm ok. However my consistent use of ibuprofen (I don't take more than directed) has caused some issues with my sensitive stomach.

She is why I can't work at home, so I don't work right now because I am scared of going someplace and getting sick. Weird how I usually don't mind if I die any other time, but I'm scared of this. I guess I don't want to suffer if there's a chance.

I've tried talking to her about it but she ignores me. She scoffs and says that I'm the one with the problem and "Isn't there a second in the day when you're not miserable?" I feel like I'm fighting with a brick wall - she will not hear me, not even for 1 lousy second. This is why I have these dreams.

I woke up, fixed my coffee, had this interaction with my mom, and sat at my computer crying/sobbing because of that and the dream. I was crying at myself crying - like, I made myself sad.

It's so hard to live like this. I love my mom but sometimes I want peace to be able to work at home soon and just relax. I spent some of my savings on an extra monitor for my computer and keep applying for WFH jobs, but I know it's ridiculous when I don't live in an even semi-peaceful environment (our apartment is tiny).

Mainly I'd like to see if anyone else has had vivid crying dreams like this before? Ones linked to real life frustrations and constant battle with depression? Thank u xo
I have experienced crying dreams. And when I wake up I feel that it's so real. It happens. We can't expect everyone around us to be understanding. We can only try. Don't be disappointed. ❤

I

Itida

I have experienced crying dreams. And when I wake up I feel that it's so real. It happens. We can't expect everyone around us to be understanding. We can only try. Don't be disappointed. ❤
I also suffer from depression and I have had many panic attacks too. Dreams used to be a problem for me until a few months ago.

S

strawberrywater

@Itida thank you for your reply. It makes me feel a bit better 😌 Did you do anything different that helped get rid of bad dreams? Therapy? Meditation?

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

@Itida thank you for your reply. It makes me feel a bit better 😌 Did you do anything different that helped get rid of bad dreams? Therapy? Meditation?
I don't think you can get rid of bad dreams. You can't control your subconscious. On the contrary, I think the more you try to get rid of bad dreams, the more likely you are to have them.