• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Guys i am really confused here.

U

Under

Hey im new and i really need someones help.

Im 15 and my girlfriend is 14 and she has a mental illness but i really dont know what it is.

She has what can only be described as imaginary friends but they can take control of her body, when this happens she turns into one of these imaginary friends of sorts.

Now these Friends or alters as you will, are like her emotions, and she has one more that becomes what ever she wants to be, and with her being 14 with a very over active imagination shes read twilight, and now wants to become a vampire/zombie persons. So the friend or alter has become a vamp/zom and HAS bitten me. im at the end of my teather.

have you got any advice at all

U

Under

Bump**

sorry if this is agaisnt the rules x

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Sam

And :welcome: to the forum.

Unfortunately no one can diagnose here as we are largely not qualified to, and no qualified person can diagnose just going by posts on a forum.

I also think considering your girlfriends young age it would be inappropriate for anyone on here to speculate what might be going on, including yourself.

There are many types of behaviors that teenagers display in puberty and in those years that would not be seen as the norm if they were displayed as an adult.

However I could say that from what you say it does seem fairly unusal. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is a mental illness.

I would encourage her to see a doctor or a counsellor to discuss these personality switches she has if they are bothering her, or causing her some distress in her life.

If she is biting you, I would let her know that whatever personality she is displaying that it is not acceptable, and if she can not stop herself from assaulting you (which biting is a form of assault in many countries) then she must seek some help. Because if you allow her to do that, where will the line be drawn, what other form of assault could she commit under these personalities, and to whom? Others might not be as understanding as you. I believe in a relationship once you allow someone to do something like that, then you are opening a gateway for more, and once that is open it can be very difficult to close without leaving the relationship completely.

I think it is very kind of you to be supporting her, and trying to help and understand her as much as you can. However do look after yourself too.

U

Under

Thanks for the reply sapphire,

i am happy to report that after seeing your post she has agreed to go and get help at our local hospital, the have a mental health ward there

Under

S

*Sapphire*

I'm so glad Under,

I hope it all works out for the best for both you and your girlfriend, and if either you or her need any further support from here, please feel free to keep posting.

Take good care of yourself
Sapphire :hug: