• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

guilty for feeling ok

G

george81

Anyone else feel strangely guilty when they feel 'ok'? I feel deserve to feel the way I feel and deserve pain and it's so strange to not experience horrible feelings for a few hours when you've been so used to feeling them. I know it doesn't make sense. Sorry folks! x

jajingna

jajingna

Nah, nothing to feel bad about when ya feel good, is there? Happy people make the world better.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Doing ok can be just that. Doing ok. Maybe you’re looking to deep. Right or wrong feelings come over time but really we’re never ok. Just living day by day.

HLon99

HLon99

When I was depressed, I felt that I was a terrible person, deserving of all the bad things that came my way, deserving pain and suffering. Now, looking back on it, I realise how silly I was. I'm glad I feel better now, and every day I'm very grateful that I'm alive. I look back on my depression as a horrible nightmare that I have woken up from and now, everyday is a gift.

Gotta make the most of the good times, they won't always last

Jam1990

Jam1990

Anyone else feel strangely guilty when they feel 'ok'? I feel deserve to feel the way I feel and deserve pain and it's so strange to not experience horrible feelings for a few hours when you've been so used to feeling them. I know it doesn't make sense. Sorry folks! x
I can relate to this

S

standon

Try n make the most of the good feelings while they r there the doom times can be lonely n hard while you feel good embrace it and do things that's what I try n do tek care n stay safe

M

Mistral

I know what you mean. It is like being addicted to chaos and difficulties. It takes time to adjust to life being easy.

C

catdom

Me too. I also believe that I deserve to be suffering and that I shouldn't look for help. These are self sabotaging thoughts. Even when I want to feel better, the guilt won't let me work on healing and changing. I feel like I'm doing something bad when I'm not hurting. Sorry you feel that way about yourself, it's hard to change things like that.
I know you won't believe it, but you don't deserve bad things happening to you. You don't have to do anything to deserve to feel good. I hope one day you'll see the worth in yourself and believe that you deserve good things, because you do. I know it's frustrating, there's no easy fix to feeling this way and it won't change overnight.
Sometimes I feel like the whole world could tell me that I'm loved and that I matter and I still wouldn't believe it because I don't feel that way about myself.

G

george81

Thank you catdom, it's exactly how I feel. It does not sit easy with me when my feelings subside. I am so used to feeling like shit it feels odd not too. I guess I should just accept it,there's something wrong with me and I'll never be normal. I deserve everything I get. SH feels so normal to me after so many years x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i do too but you should enjoy feeling ok
i know when i feel well it won't last long so i try and make the most of it x