• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

guilty about everything!!!!!!!

L

louise

does anyone else have this feeling of guilt all the time and feel like you totally have to confess the smallest detail of something you think you've done wrong just so you dont feel bad and guilty. its so strange i feel guilty for everything.please tell me i'm not mad cause i feel like it!!!!!!!!!!

J

JETBOY

your not mad or alone

i have done many things in my life ,but i feel guilty because i did do them ,
so do you just have a feeling of general guilt ,or of quilt from an action you
performed , i carry my guilt like a brick around my neck ,but apart from the
bigges i have to live with ,yes i can feel guilt for the slightest of things
things everyone else would not think twice about ,i bet ive said sorry more
times than anyone in history ,,,,did i help i dont know ,but i can safely say
dont worry my dear freind your not mad ,you care ,,,,,,JETBOY

L

louise

i feel guilty about things that have happened but they are nothing THAT bad i just make them in to massive prblems and guilt in my own head! i'm always confessing to something that is nothing bad just feel like i have to off load it to make me feel i'm not hiding any secrets from my husband. its rediculous i know but i cant feel better until he has told me its ok and that i've done nothing wrong.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

No I don't think you're going mad, but it sounds like your self-esteem might be pretty low, always seeking reassurance and approval from someone else. It's not necessarily all bad, at least people will know that you are an honest person and that is very valuable.

D

DELATEXT

does anyone else have this feeling of guilt all the time and feel like you totally have to confess the smallest detail of something you think you've done wrong just so you dont feel bad and guilty. its so strange i feel guilty for everything.please tell me i'm not mad cause i feel like it!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I have this all the time, you feel tormented it is horrible and very difficult to talk about

:confused:

L

louise

what sorts of things do you feel guilty about?
i feel guilty about little things that i've done and then make it in to something so bad in my head i think all sorts.
it is very upsetting, i just cant focus on anything. i'm always worried about my husband leaving me. i cant stand it anymore.

S

sunshine76

me too!

hey Louise, I think that maybe we suffer from the exact same thing. I have constant and debilatating fear that I have done or said something wrong/inappropriate. I simply can't move on from it and feel sick and scared and like I'm a bad person. I have OCD and anxiety. I would really like to chat to you about this - not sure how we do that - I'm brand new to here. xx

P

poptarts21

Wow

Wow, i joined this site because i feel the exact same way, and reading everyone else's problems that dont seem to match mine has always made me feel a little worse. That i have these anxiety feelings for different reasons to them and no1 understands me!

I am so glad i have found that a few people feel the same way as me. I have been saying the same thing to people who i have spoken to about it. I keep saying that i am mental i have actually gone mad sort of thing. People reassure me i havnt. When they tell me i have nothing to feel guilty about, i still cant stop thinking about it i feel "why should you stop thinking about it! Your guilty" its like i am tormenting myself, my mum used the exact words.

Some of the things i feel guilty for i rekon most people wouldnt even think twice about either! But i somehow convince myself i meant to do them in a way that i should feel guilty for!

A new thing for me is i think everything is a lie, i think this is so that anyone that trys to reassure me everything is okay, i will not be able to believe.
Im not sure when i will ever stop feeling like this or if i even deserve to.

No one can reassure me but myself, but i wont let myself do so.
Sleep is a big issue as all day everyday all i do is constantly worry.
I just stare into space alot and little things like talking is even hard now because of the guilt i have.

I feel like a different person now.

All i can say is i am looking forward to going to the doctors for the first time tomorrow, so thats something i guess.

Take care, and atleast theres a few of us like this. x

keepsafe

keepsafe

:hug::hug: KS there really are others like it yes.

T

thomaz

I found out I suffer from Dysthymia,among the symptons there is this guilty feeling and low self-steem.You feel inferior to others as you were a monster.This is a kind of distorted vision of yourself! I think now it is not just a psychological thing,it´s an spirtual opression...I have no doubts about it.The scriptures told us to keep captive every thought to make it obedient to the Messiah Yeshua,something like that.Our minds wander off to bad thoughts causing bad feelings and stress all the time! I suggested a girl here on this site with guilty problems the video:Generational Iniquity Part1

Some family members here had the same feeling it really runs in the family.Check it,it might help.I know many people here just rely on science and pills as I did before,but this is very important to know that the spiritual opression really exists,it´s not a fable.What you are feeling is not rare as it might seem,it happens with many people and there are even worse things.You are not alone.When I was a kid I had to confess to my mother any thought that would come into my mind,mainly embarassing thoughts about my mother...any bad thing I thought about her.It´s like this "thing" wants to embarass us and makes us feel bad,a real opression.This is too hard on a kid to experience this.I always felt like tha and as the problems got bigger during teenage years,it got worse when it was something related to sex.But if you have a family member or even a site like this where you can share it and put it out of your system,it´s already a great thing.Don´t feel desperate,there are many people here to help you.You are not a bad person,otherwise you wouldn´t feel guilty for anything...the case is this is causing too much stress and it is out of control.You are a normal person.I Wish you the best!

B

Baldypaul

hey guys
Yes, there are loads of us...it is one of the by-products of our upbringing in the society we have - based on Christian values, it has to be said. The problem with guilt is that it is a) completely useless, and b)cyclical, in that it just keeps going round and round, with no possible positive result. I used to do it a lot myself (GAD fanatic!), then I read about the 4 R's, which to my mind, seems far more constructive...
http://trustedadvisor.com/trustmatters/the-power-of-im-sorry-the-four-rs-of-a-trustworthy-apology

If you are simply feeling guilty over absolutely nothing, it does sound like maybe low self esteem, so basically, it is only in your mind, and if there is one thing I have learnt from Buddhism, it is that you either control your mind, or it will control you. Perhaps try some meditation - there are usually classes in most towns
Best wishes

Paul

mrlaurel

mrlaurel

does anyone else have this feeling of guilt all the time QUOTE]

Louise this is also one of my "issues" and its not a good one.... I feel guilty about being me, crap father, crap brother, crap son, crap friend, crap person... that then turns into name calling, which in its self adds to the depression. catch 22.

I have no idea why I feel so much guilt, the worst at times is for being male. I feel the guilt and shame of all men.

but I am fucked up in the head.

stan

B

Baldypaul

Hey Stan
You're not fucked up in the head mate, none of us are. We just sometimes feel that way, usually because we feel we do not measure up to other people's expectations (or our own, which in the majority of cases, we inherited from others anyway!). I am posting a link that will take you to a book on Amazon, you may wish to give it a try
All the best

Paul

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rediscoveri...d=1374933149&sr=8-19&keywords=tony+de+mello#_

T

TheMissingSock

I feel especially guilty when i'm not feeling guilty about something haha. I relate to the problem of feeling guilty for little stuff very strongly. My parents constantly being unhappy, un-proud and reminding me every bad thing that i've ever done did not help that condition, in fact, might have even caused it. I failed this exam two years ago and they still bring that up every time i mention the word 'school' in a conversation, i used to have nightmares about it at least 4 times in one week, they really triggered my anxiety elements. My dad used to give me slaps when i had closed the door too loudly. My mom used to yell at me and call me 'names' when i had broken a glass by mistake. They made me feel guilty about every little thing. Don't get me wrong, they were good and caring too, but had too many issues on their own. Eventually i met friends who convinced me that i'm a human being, that we all make mistakes and that feeling guilty does not resolve things once their done so there's no help of it even when it's rational.

This author Jon Ronson said that anxiety is like the neurological opposite of being a psychopath. Most of the second or all, as i'm aware, do not feel guilt of their actions, hence it might be common for anxious people to feel extremely guilty, as an opposite. Our society, as well, tries to make us feel guilty about everything, 'cuz people who feel guilty work harder, yet think they deserve less, and this is economically good for big companies or so. Also guilt is common tool used to motivate and educate, so it's basically everywhere, and people, who tend to be a little more gentle or emotionally deep, can feel this damaged. As i've grown on my anxiety and guilty issues and other mental problems, i seem to think that the damaged thing is more our society, but that's a thread of another discussion.

I'm also experiencing feeling guilty about wasting time, like, i gotta do work even on my vacation time, either way i feel bad about myself. But than, John Lennon has said: "Time you enjoyed being wasted was not wasted." Now i feel guilty i'm spending too much time reading self-help stuff on this forum haha.. so sorry, i was not very helpful, but there's many of us, keep the faith in yourself!