• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Guilt, shame, regret

M

MoonShade

I realized that I have created a lot of the pain and turmoil and pain in my life, especially by responding to imagined abandonment, and I don't know what to do...

I feel so much self loathing that I want to sh because I feel like I deserve pain and suffering and I am trying to have compassion for myself and change my behaviour now that I am aware of it...but the shame and guilt are overwhelming...

M

Murasakibee

I realized that I have created a lot of the pain and turmoil and pain in my life, especially by responding to imagined abandonment, and I don't know what to do...

I feel so much self loathing that I want to sh because I feel like I deserve pain and suffering and I am trying to have compassion for myself and change my behaviour now that I am aware of it...but the shame and guilt are overwhelming...
I know shame and guilt are two very powerful emotions, I am sorry you are suffering this way. But you do not deserve to suffer, so please do not sh.

I know you are trying to love yourself, and it's one of the hardest things to do it seems, I still struggle loving myself.

I and so many others are here to listen to you. We have all made mistakes, and we are trying to love ourselves.

You are not alone :)

B

bpd2020

I think it shows how far you have come to realise these things. Now that you know what you have been doing you can break the cycle. I think you should feel proud of how much insight you have into yourself.

You do not need any punishment. You need compassion. Be kind to yourself. You deserve kindness.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I wonder if one possible way forward is learning the lessons, and steering a new path/direction in life...