• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Guilt, hyper sensitive & hayfever!

C

clarabow

Good afternoon all.

It is a lovely, bright & breezy day where I am, has been all week, so I don't know why I feel so down. Blue skies used to lift my spirits but at the moment I feel lethargic and inclined to sit on the sofa and look out the window. My hayfever is pretty bad this year and also seems to be making me feel worse, I wonder if there is any relation to hayfever and low mood, does anyone else get affected like this? The other thing is, I feel a definite low level depression has come over me, but I spoke to my dad yesterday, he's in his 70s, and I can hear it in his voice too. I feel very guilty because I know my seflish burdening of my emotional problems has added to his own. I know the solution is just to try and fix myself, and never again burden them. I am also worried about my brother, he is approaching 50 and on his own, I worry that he will always be lonely. But I can't help him because we are estranged. It makes me sad that I pick up on other people's pain so much that I have always felt bad about just living and enjoying my life. The result is I've lost my hopes and dreams, a minor tragedy for me but it also hasn't helped anyone else. Not really looking for a solution, just wanted to write this down as it is in my head. I thought about going for a walk, but I feel lonley and I am tired of seeing the same places.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello there :) Yeah I get hay fever but it's not been bad over the last couple of years? Probably because of being indoors alot. Anyways I don't know about depression making your hay fever worse but I think hay fever can make you feel worse. It does with my girlfriend, she gets it real bad >_<

Also your not a burden on anyone. I think it's more that your loved ones feel your pain and wish they could do something to help. We all need help and need loved ones there to support us. It's really good that you care about your brother and relatives. This in my opinion is not a hindrance nor are you too sensitive.

C

Caro5

If the hay fever is bad and makes you feel ill then I am sure that will not help you to feel less down. I know my depression kicks in when I feel under the weather and my energy levels are low. I agree with Anime that we seem to think that our problems are a big burden to others but while they might feel sad for us and want to help I don't think they feel ground down by it the way we do. For one thing they are not suffering what we are. I think that's why we can still talk in a positive way to someone else about their depression even when we feel in the pit ourselves? Also I find that other people gave a much greater faith that I will get better than I do myself.

C

clarabow

Hello,
I had a look online and there is a link between Hayfever and Depression. Doesn't surprise me at all as having the depression to start with, and then having the tiredeness and run-down feelings just makes it worse, a bit like what you were saying Caro. Thank you to you and Anime for your kind comments. I agree with you that going through this makes us able to talk and listen to others going through it. I feel I am discovering that although mentally I am not strong, physically I am and it makes me want to help those that aren't. Just a bit sad that am feeling sad again and not sure why. Take care both of you.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Your strong mentally, because you have compassion, your open minded, kind and sincere. That makes you strong mentally and emotionally. Yes we have mental health problems but that doesn't make us weak, not at all :hug1:

C

clarabow

Thank you Anime for such lovely words...I bet they describe you too. Warm thoughts back to you.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Don't give up on yourself ok? Because even if you do, we here at the forums won't ever give up on you. Take care my friend.