• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Guilt - How do you deal with it?

G

gothicminx

One of the worst symptoms of my depression is crippling guilt. A voice in my head says horrible things that I then feel guilty for (it's my voice but it's like I have no control over it) and it happens all the time. Plus, then I get anxious worrying that I'm going to be punished for having these awful thoughts by having my loved ones taken away from me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

D

DELATEXT

Guilt

Wow !!
you going through the same as me maybe for different reasons but I totally know how you feel, I was at my Doctor yesterday for an extended session she is referring me to a CPN although I've had negative experiences in the past, but the Guilt is real and tangible to those suffering it, is it not ??
Do you think talking therapy would aid you to deal with it ??
What does your Doctor advise, have you told your Doctor ?? If I can help you any more I will try to.
see my post on Guilt and let me know what you think??

:tea::tea:

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Practise seeing yourself as past of much bigger picture

Guilt! Talk me about it. I feel it but learning to let others take some blame. I may not be the best mum but i am not the worst. Guess most of up are somewhere in the middle. I find meditating and praying help. I feel these has to be a god or something higher who sees and forgives and we are only one small speck in the whole scheme of things some of our problems are genetic or the fault of our parents and their faults the result of their parents faults and so on. I believe you cannot be so hard on yourself. Not to the point of depression. Yes accept your mistakes but see them in context

M

myrtlemaid

When youre in the maelstrom of these powerful feelings its very hard to be rational about them..one thing I found useful was to write them all down as they occur.. nomore than that for the intense period ..simply record them.

Then when you feel a little calmer take a few at a time, or maybe even one and look at them calmly and rationally and cross out those that you have no need to feel bad about .. many wont be your fault at all..only a very few will you have any element of reasonable need to feel guilt ..and those if you can will probably be mended by a simple apology.

Guilt is a terrible thing, it can rip you ineo pieces but often we are feeling guilty about things which arent our fault or have no controlover.

Tc jox

G

gothicminx

Thanks very much for your replies. While I wouldn't wish these feelings on anyone, I'm glad I'm not alone in them.

I will definitely try writing these thoughts down and hopefully that will help.

T

thomaz

Guilty

I suffer from it.I felt it when I was a kid and then now too.I asked my mother and she had similar things as another people in my family.I was a very skeptic guy,now I´m not.I think we must eat correctly and lead a health life..but this is spiritual for sure too.Today they made us believe that we have evolved out of a belief in spiritual opression.I learned a lot from the jews who accepted the Messiah.A Messiah who didn´t abolish any Law as we learn in christianity,he is the Son,the primogenit of creation..not God..no trinity either.Whe you transgress Torah we can expect bad things to come...it opens channels to the fallen ones when we get involved in pratices contrary to it too_Ocultism,for example...Idolatry!

Notice that many of our ancestors suffered from anxiety,depression and unwanted thoughts...it runs in the family.As you can read in the commandments.The Creator visits the iniquity of the parents upon their child to the third or fourth generation.Hereditariety. I came to know there are familiar spirits who follow our generations.I know exatcly what you are talking about.You think bad thing about people around you...you feel guilty and you feel like you have to tell some of them you have thought of that about them.It´s an emotional massacre,opression.
You feel like a monster sometimes!

You are not alone! Relax,you are not bad for it.Maybe feeling that guilty is the way we are being showed how much we have fallen.You are recognizing the bad thoughts,our minds can be rebelious.As it was written,We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This is not rare at all!Check it,it may help you if you are interested. Generational Iniquity pt 1 & 2 on youtube.