• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Guardian Christmas Appeal - Mental Health

S

supergreysmoke

Can tell how small Grudians readership is these days from how little they raised for Africa last year.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Well let's hope they raise more this year. I wonder if people are a bit tired of donating to African based charities because of all the wars/political strife/corruption there is and also knowing how the big charities cream so much money off the top because their organisations are too weighty and their directors too greedy? I certainly feel a bit like that.

I prefer to donate to local charities I'm familiar with (and those I volunteer for) but I will probably donate to this too.

S

supergreysmoke

I'm not donating. Given my condition. I'm meant to be the recipient. Like most charities 90% goes to admin and 10% remaining to the wrong people/carers etc.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hate to say it, but I reckon this appeal will bring in less cash than the last year's one for Africa..

R

Rose19602

Unfortunately, it's spread a little thinly between so many charities that support mental health.

I'd prefer to give to one....such as MIND, who contribute services in lieu of the NHS, (and often with more care and wisdom IMO), therapies, help lines, information and support.

....but good for The Guardian for picking up on mental health as an area in need of support! :)....and for thinking about the diverse needs of the community.

I can't fault that.....they have thought about this in a fair and equitable way.