• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

guardian angel

P

Polar Bear

I'm sorry if you can't believe in this but I hope you wouldn't have clicked on this post if you don't believe in this but it is a thought that is helping me.

When I think back to past times ill. Times where I was getting trashed. Times spent walking the streets distressed. Times in the hospital bed. Times in the back of the police car or ambulance. Times being assessed for treatment. Times throwing up from alcohol and an overdose. Times wildly manic making a fool of myself even because that is illness too. Well I'm changing the image lately. I'm imagining a glowing yellow figure touching my back or shoulder. Arms wrapped around me. It is helping me.

I'm highly stressed right now and imagining myself bathed in a yellow light of comfort. I'm doing the same with my daughter. Imagining she is protected from harm.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thought is everything ;) x

M

Mastiff mom

Polar bear, I do that,too. I believe we can call upon goodness in our lives, whether you call it God, positivity--the physical life we can touch and see is just one element of our being. I pray a lot and it helps me more than any drug could. I believe in angels and I'm so glad you do, too. Hugs.