• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr boiler is broken

R

Rob27

I'm not sure this post is in the correct place but earlier today my boiler broke down in my flat so I have no hot water. I live in a council flat but I rang them and they just said ring tomorrow and put the phone down on me. I thought having no heating or hot water would be classed as an emergency. Its stressing me out because I really want a bath.

Dose anyone know if this should be classed as an emergency repair?

Sorry guys I know this isn't really what the forum is for I just get so stressed out about this crap I just want my bath so I can chill out for a bit.

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes I don't think no hot water will be seen as an emergency at this time of year. Hope it gets fixed soon x

R

Rob27

thank you both I'm gonna see how long it takes to fill the bath using a kettle lol

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I didn't have hot water last summer and it was hot outside, but it was still classed as an emergency situation.
Have you phoned them back today? I hope you got a better response than yesterday.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
it might depend on the council. i live in a private flat and it says in my tenancy handbook it is non emergency but classed as urgent.

S

skeptic

I once had a burst water main and couldnt use my boiler and had to get water from a neighbour. I had to use a bucket and sponge in the shower like i was washing a car. lol.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Have you checked the pressure in the boiler? (sorry if that is obvious!)