• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Group Therapy

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

Today I had my group Therapy session at my local a&d centre.

It was really good. I had already had my counselling session, so was feeling a bit down, so we were doing collages.

There was only 2 of us, so it was even better, I found it very cathartic. Sitting for about an hour cutting words out and sticking them on paper.

I haven't done this since I was at primary school.

Then we had a session on meditation which involved learning how to breath to relax and we decided that the lady who was talking should do a cd coz her voice was perfect for sending you into relaxed mode.

They were going to give us a zen cd but we both said it was too sad for us.

Any hoo, although I am still not 100% I am happier than I was when I got up. One day I hope to be able to get out of bed straight away and focus on my life and being more positive.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
well done. I'm really pleased the sessions were so positive.

Can I ask tho, why did you find the zen cd too sad??

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

It was because the music in it sounded negative, I don't really know how to describe it. I wasn't the only one that found it like that either, I suppose also the last time I listened to it I may not have been in a very positive place and it made me cry.

I now listen to sounds of the sea which is perfect coz there is no music it's just the sea sloshing on the shore.