• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Greiving

raven

raven

After a year of NHS pschotherapy my time is up and I'm to have no more individual therapy. Where before I had a support network in place now I have no one medical to turn to. I feel so abandoned. I might be offered group therapy in 3 months time, might no certaintys. I will have to successfully jump though a NHS loop to get it.

I think the seroquel that I take is helping numb things but thats just making me feel floaty. Scared for when the bomb shell will ultimately hit me.

How can I survive without therapy, without that opportunity to open up and discuss things that are troubling me.

Does this mean I am now well and so should re-enter the job scene. Scared.

raven

sallyG

sallyG

I felt exactly the same when my therapy ended..like you i was in therapy for a year..it then ended and i was left with no support..nothing..Now three years on im about to go back into therapy for another year. I found a years worth was simply not enough for me but have had to wait and convince the mental health team that a yrs therapy was not enough for me..there were still unresolved issues to deal with. It can take a year to learn to trust your therapist..by the time thats achieved its time to end therapy.

Hope you get something sorted even if its group therapy..

D

DELATEXT

therapy

Hi, Do you think that trying to access help from one of the mental health charities i.e. The Richmond Fellowship or Penumbra may help you, they can allocate you a key work, you need to access them through a CPN or your Doctor or Social Worker.
The key worker can provide practical and emotional support.

:tea:

A

Affective

After a year of NHS pschotherapy my time is up and I'm to have no more individual therapy. Where before I had a support network in place now I have no one medical to turn to. I feel so abandoned. I might be offered group therapy in 3 months time, might no certaintys. I will have to successfully jump though a NHS loop to get it.

I think the seroquel that I take is helping numb things but thats just making me feel floaty. Scared for when the bomb shell will ultimately hit me.

How can I survive without therapy, without that opportunity to open up and discuss things that are troubling me.

Does this mean I am now well and so should re-enter the job scene. Scared.

raven
Hi Raven,
sorry to hear you are feeling so low.

The advice I can give you is:
- Do positive things to express your emotions, for example: keep a diary, take up a new hobby or an old one you used to do and enjoyed, talk to a close friend or family member and let them know how you feel etc
- Do your best to stay strong until group therapy
- Do your best to keep busy, to take your mind off things

I hope that helped :)

raven

raven

I felt exactly the same when my therapy ended..like you i was in therapy for a year..it then ended and i was left with no support..nothing..Now three years on im about to go back into therapy for another year. I found a years worth was simply not enough for me but have had to wait and convince the mental health team that a yrs therapy was not enough for me..there were still unresolved issues to deal with. It can take a year to learn to trust your therapist..by the time thats achieved its time to end therapy.

Hope you get something sorted even if its group therapy..
Wow I'm impressed you managed to get a second course of therapy. Will it be with the same person as last time? You're right that it takes time to trust a new therapist, there are certainly things I never got the courage to mention to the therapist I've just lost. I started to but he queried the gain of me talking about it. So I took the easy course and moved away from it. Problem is it is the reason I hate myself so much.

Thanks *hugs*

raven

raven

raven

Hi, Do you think that trying to access help from one of the mental health charities i.e. The Richmond Fellowship or Penumbra may help you, they can allocate you a key work, you need to access them through a CPN or your Doctor or Social Worker.
The key worker can provide practical and emotional support.
Hi there Delatext, thank you so much for replying. *hugs* I don't have a CPN or a pdoc registered to me anymore... Can my GP arrange it?

raven

raven

raven

Hi Raven,
sorry to hear you are feeling so low.

The advice I can give you is:
- Do positive things to express your emotions, for example: keep a diary, take up a new hobby or an old one you used to do and enjoyed, talk to a close friend or family member and let them know how you feel etc
- Do your best to stay strong until group therapy
- Do your best to keep busy, to take your mind off things

I hope that helped :)
Thank you Affective for the advice. :) I will try and keep fighting and stay strong.

raven

S

*Sapphire*

Hi raven, leaving therapy is can be so difficult for so many people.

I responded by leaving everytime before the end, i was scared of how I would feel so would bring it closer so I didn't have to fear it anymore.

It is only in the last few years I have been able to break this pattern and complete and finish things properly. Anyway I'm getting off the point, everyone reacts to this differently and it is natural to grieve.

However what I have learned is that you never forget what you have explored or learned, some of that will always stay with you. And now at times if I see a pattern occuring I can imagine speaking to my therapist and how they would have guided me. It is of great comfort to me.

I hope it is easier for you than you anticipate. :)

D

DELATEXT

access

yes your Doctor can refer you to a mental health support charity look up the ones I mentioned, that is if you are in the UK.

:grouphug:

A

Affective

Hi Raven.
I know it's barely been a day since I last posted but have you tried different things to help yourself? Not that there's any pressure my friend :)

raven

raven

Hi Raven.
I know it's barely been a day since I last posted but have you tried different things to help yourself? Not that there's any pressure my friend :)
Hi there Affective, its been a tough day today. I've dragged myself out with the dogs in the hope I'd meet someone and have a chat, but those I met I couldn't start conversations with. I'm so pathetic. I have kept myself busy today though.

Feel very alone at the moment. Like no one cares and I see others succeed at forming many new friendships while I flouder and am left with the 2 r/l friends I have.

I hate myself.
I want to allow myself to give up, but for now I'm continuing to fight.

raven

D

DELATEXT

people care

Hi, we care, it's sad you're so down, can't you speak to your pals and try and meet up for coffee ??
I know loneliness is terrible, do you go to the library ??
would you be up for volunteering ??
That's a good way to meet new people and do something worth while...
wish I could help more all the best...